2021 CHEVENING Essay Competition for Nigerian Students is now ongoing. The deadline to submit an entry is 18th January 2021. See how to submit an entry and other details below.
The Chevening Alumni Association of Nigeria (CAAN) has received funding from the Chevening Alumni Programme Fund (CAPF), to organize an essay competition for young people in Nigeria, as part of its community service endeavours.
TOPIC: Alternative Narratives to illegal Migration Amongst Young People in Nigeria
The essay seeks to stimulate thoughts on illegal migration, especially amongst young people, towards preventing the occurrence, and for providing options to breaches of immigration regulations.
The options should not only help stop the risks that it exposes perpetrators to but should offer alternative ideas on earning a living, aside from the belief that the option can only be elsewhere. It seeks to challenge the youths on creating and harnessing opportunities in the local environment and to envision migration from the legal path, if desired.
The focus of the essay is on emphasizing the risks of illegal migration by deepening knowledge on other possibilities.
Objective: The overarching objective of the competition is to;
- Generate ideas that will be helpful for CAAN future engagement with the private sector, the Nigerian government and multilateral agencies on curbing illegal migration.
- Foster deeper inter-generational learning through interactions between CAAN members and the younger generations.
- Encourage young Nigerians to engage in the discussion of a core trans-national governance issue, ahead of future leadership roles.
- Not more than 2000 words, including references
- Must be original, as essay will be subjected to credit reference checks.
- Typed and double-spaced.
- Appropriate use of examples and illustrations
- Creative and engaging, with realistic solutions to the migration saga.
- Comprehensive prose.
Eligible Countries: Nigeria
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award:
- 1st Place prize: A Laptop and 1-month Data subscription.
- 2nd Place Prize: A Tablet and 1-month Data subscription.
- 3rd Place prize: A Smart Phone and 1-month Data subscription.
- Prize winners will receive a Certificate of Good Performance
- Applicants must be Undergraduate students in Nigerian public and private universities and in other tertiary institutions of learning.
- Applicants must be Nigerians
- Applicants must be fluent in English language and writing skills
Application Process: Apply below
It is important to go through all application requirements on the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.
To submit your essay, click –> HERE
Application Deadline: 18th January 2021
Thank you so much for reading this article, we really do appreciate. We hope you loved it, if you did, please share this page with your friends via the share buttons below. Sharing is caring.