David Oyedepo Foundation Undergraduate Scholarship 2022 is ongoing. The closing date to apply is 31st July 2022. See eligibility requirements, how to apply, and other vital information below.
This is to inform the general public that the David Oyedepo Foundation scholarship portal is now open for application to all New and Returning students of Covenant and Landmark Universities.
This scholarship opportunity is awarded to qualified individuals who are indigenes and residents of African countries and have been offered admission to Covenant University or Landmark University, Nigeria.
- Check All Latest Schools Gist
- How to Save More Money As a Student
- The Struggles of Lecture Hall and How to Excel [Must Read]
- Some Profitable Businesses To Run On Campus As a Student
- 10 Tips to Study Late at Night without Sleeping
- 25 Etiquette (Good Behaviour) You Should Never Forget
- 10 Secrets to Making Straight A’s in Higher Institution
- Mistakes Students should never Make in Tertiary Institutions
Financial Provisions of the Scholarship
Full Academic fees for a maximum of 5 years. (In accordance with the University stipulated time for the duration of the chosen course).
The scholarship does not cover;
- Travel allowances
- Feeding allowances
- Medical/Health Insurance or allowance
- Any other fees outside university generated Academic fees for a course at any level.
Eligibility for David Oyedepo University Scholarship
The David Oyedepo Foundation Scholarship programme is open to Young Africans who meet the following criteria:
- Are citizens and permanent residents of any African Nation
- Are between the ages of 16 and 25 at the time of application submission.
- Are eligible to receive a Nigerian student visa
- Are proficient in reading, writing, and speaking English
- Have a record of exceptional performance at the secondary school level which is benchmarked by:
- At least 20 points above JAMB cut off points (for Nigerians only)
- 80% recorded average or 4.0GPA/5.0 in Secondary/High School Transcript
- Already have begun admission applications to Covenant or Landmark University
Note: The application for the scholarship does not guarantee admission to the specified Universities; all admission to the University is to be secured independently by going through the University’s admission process. Hence, the award of the scholarship is CONDITIONAL on University admission.
DAVID OYEDEPO FOUNDATION APPLICATION PROCESS TIMELINE
|June 15th, 2022||Applications Open|
|July 31st, 2022||Application Closes|
|Aug-Sep, 2022||Finalisation of finalists’ applicants and contact of same|
|October 2022||Resumption of Scholars in Covenant and Landmark University|
Selection Process and Criteria
The David Oyedepo Foundation Scholarship Program selection process is a need-dependent, merit-based open competition.
After the deadline, all eligible applications will be reviewed by a selection panel. Following this review, chosen finalists will be interviewed by the David Oyedepo Foundation team, through an online video conferencing platform.
If advanced to the final round, the applicant must provide;
- Proof of application to Covenant or Landmark University
- Proof of citizenship
- All original copies of documents uploaded during application.
Selection panels will use the following criteria to evaluate applications (not in order of importance):
- A proven record of superior scholastic ability
- Displayed financial need
- Outstanding character
- A proven record of leadership and community involvement
- A commitment to influence the home community with skills learned
General Application Tips
- The David Oyedepo Foundation uses an internet-based application system. You will need to access a computer and internet to apply. You would also need a scanner in order to upload required documents. SNAPPING DOCUMENTS WITH PHONES WILL DISQUALIFY YOU.
- You do not have to finish your application in one session. You may save your work and return to complete your application as many times as necessary. You must, however, not leave your application untouched for up to 30 days or your account would be deleted.
- You must submit your completed application by the deadline; however, you are encouraged to submit before the deadline as no deadline extensions would be provided.
- Answer all questions on the application in English and all documents to be uploaded must be translated in English.
- All answers in the application, including written responses to essays, must be your original work.
- Only applicants who complete this application will be considered. Applications and information submitted through email or other means will NOT be considered.
How to Apply for David Oyedepo Scholarship
To start the application just click the button below. However, before you commence your application, take note of the information below:
General/Contact Information Section
- Provide general information in specified formats within the application form
- You will be required to provide documentation verifying age, and country of citizenship for eligibility if you are selected at the interview stage.
- Information filled in Parent/Guardian section should be for BIOLOGICAL parents or LEGAL guardians
- The contact information you provide will be used to reach you during the application and selection process. Please provide accurate addresses, phone numbers, and email addresses that you use and check on a regular basis.
- Insert secondary school transcript. Indicate nil if you did not complete your education at the school indicated.
- Insert proposed University of Study and proposed course of study. Remember that the David Oyedepo Foundation Scholarship Program is specific at this time to only Covenant and Landmark University. It is also course specific; hence you would have the option of only choosing from the available options.
- For the exam results section, the name of the Nationally Recognized O’level exams should be inserted including the date the exam was taken. (This exam varies for different countries).
- All subjects taken should be captures in the exam results section along with corresponding grades
- A combination of two different certificate exams is not permitted
- JAMB result is specific to ONLY Nigerian Applicants. All Nigerian applicants must insert JAMB result for application to be considered
- Insert personal information and contact details for an Academic referee (i.e. academic staff who is aware of your academic progress and other school-related affairs). Note: A letter of recommendation from this individual needs to be uploaded in the ‘upload credentials’ section of the application.
- Insert personal information and contact details for a Religious Referee (i.e. a cleric who is aware of your spiritual progress and other personal and character-related affairs). Note: A letter of recommendation from this individual needs to be uploaded in the uploads section of the application.
- Note that parents or guardians CANNOT be listed as referees.
- This section includes 5 essay questions that must be completed. Each essay has a word limit of 500 words and must under no circumstances be exceeded. Your responses would give an opportunity to the selection committee to better understand you as a leader, including your desire to participate in the programme.
- English language proficiency is required for participation in the Scholarship program. All activities and communication would be done in English without the opportunity for translation. Please fill in the portion of the application evaluating your language skills as accurately as possible.
Download the PDF below showing the Official Application Instructions:
Thank you so much for reading this article, we really do appreciate. We hope you loved it, if you did, please share this page with your friends via the share buttons below. Sharing is caring.