Grab this Great Opportunity: Apply for iLearn Scholarship, an India Government Scholarship for Africans. Hurry Now, Registration Ends Soon!

Don't waste your time at home: Gain 200Level admission into any university and course of your choice, through IJMB program. For more details, Call or WhatsApp 08032713621

STUDY ABROAD: Live, Work, and STUDY in Canada or any other country abroad with no stress. No payment until your visa is approved. CLICK HERE for more details or WhatsApp 09019196619

Fresh student dies as fire guts Taraba Varsity female hostel (Photos)

A newly admitted student of Taraba State University has lost her life as fire guts the school’s female hostel.

The newly admitted student of the Tourism Department has been identified as Emoseh Lawi.

The sad accident occurred at Zenith Hostel on Friday night, December 10, when Lawi was sleeping and was unaware of the fire outbreak. 

It was gathered that her fellow students forced the door, windows open, pulled her out, and was rushed her to the state specialist hospital where she was confirmed dead.

According to an eyewitness: ”I was told the said lady went to read all through the night for her examination and returned very weak, hence she slept off. The cause of this fire is from an electrical socket which sparked repeatedly and suddenly gutted the mattress next to it from which it spread all over.

“When she was brought out of the hostel, she was totally unconscious and could barely stand before the school security men came to pick her up with a Toyota Hilux and she was rushed to the hospital.”

The fire which affected some parts of the hostel damaged property and other valuables.

The Institution’s Information Director Sa’ad Mohammed who confirmed the incident said the root cause of the fire outbreak must be uncovered to avoid future occurrences.

He disclosed that the management of the institution is doing everything possible to ensure that the tension is brought under control.

The spokesperson of The Taraba State Police Command, Usman Abdullahi, who also confirmed the development, said that the police have commenced an investigation into the incident. 

READ ALSO: Fire Outbreaks: Any Student Cooking In The Rooms Will Be Expelled – UNIMAID

Thank you so much for reading this article, we really do appreciate. We hope you loved it, if you did, please share this page with your friends via the share buttons below. Sharing is caring.

Subscribe
Notify of
guest
0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
0
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
Share via
Copy link