Igbinedion University Postgraduate Admission Form for 2020/2021 Session is Out. The deadline to apply is January 31st, 2021. See how to apply and other details below.
The Nigeria’s Premier Private University, lgbinedion University, Okada hereby invites application from suitable qualified candidates into the following programmes in its School of Post Graduate Studies and Research for the 2020/2021 academic session.
This page will show you available courses, admission requirements, how to apply, and every other information you need as regards to the postgraduate form.
Igbinedion University Postgraduate Courses 2020/2021 | Full & Part-Time
- COLLEGE OF ARTS AND SOCIAL SCIENCES PROGRAMME:
- Economics and Developmental Studies (POD, M.Sc, Ph.D)
- International Relations and Strategic Studies (PGD, M.Sc)
- Mass Communication (PGD, M.Sc)
- Political Science and Public Administration (PGD, M.Sc, Ph.D)
Areas of Specialization
- Monetary Economics (M.Sc, PhD)
- International Economics (M.Sc, Ph.D)
- Public Sector Economics (M.Sc, Ph.D)
- International Relations and Strategic Studies
- International Relations (M.Sc)
- Strategic Studies (M.Sc)
- Diplomatic Studies (M.Sc)
- Peace and Conflict Studies (M.Sc)
- Mass Communication
- Print Journalism (M.Sc)
- Broadcast Journalism (M.Sc)
- Advertising (M.Sc)
- Public Relations (M.Sc)
- Political Science and Public Administration
- Political Sociology (M.Sc, Ph.D)
- Political theory (M.Sc, Ph.D)
- Comparative Politics and Development Studies (M.Sc, Ph.D)
- Public Policy (M.Sc, Ph.D)
- Management of Public Sector Organization (M.Sc, PhD)
- Management of Public Enterprises (M.Sc, Ph.D)
- Comparative and Public Adniinistration (M.Sc,Ph.D)
- COLLEGE OF BUSINESS AND MANAGEMENT STUDIES PROGRAMME:
- Accounting (PGD, M.Sc, Ph.D)
- Business Management (PGD, M.Sc, Ph.D)
- Banking and Finance (PGD, M.Sc, Ph.D)
- Masters of Business Administration (MBA) (Academics)
Areas of Specialization
- Management Information System (M.Sc, Ph.D)
- Human Resources Management (M.Sc, Ph.D)
- Marketing (M.Sc, PhD) (iv)Management (M.Sc, Ph.D)
- COLLEGE OF NATURAL AND APPLIED SCIENCES PROGRAMME:
MICROBIOLOGY (PGD, M.Sc, Ph.D)
Areas of Specialization:
- Environmental and Public Health Microbiology (M.Sc, Ph.D)
- Food and Industrial Microbiology (M.Sc, Ph.D)
- Brewing Science (M.Sc, Ph.D)
- Plant Pathogenic Microbiology (M.Sc, Ph.D)
- Animal Pathogenic Microbiology (Medical Microbiology) (M.Sc, Ph.D)
- Immunology and Immunochemistry (M.Sc, Ph.D)
- Microbial Physiology and Biochemistry (M.Sc, Ph.D)
- Pollution Studies (M.Sc, Ph.D)
- COLLEGE OF LAW
LAW (LLM, Ph.D)
Areas of Specialization
- International Law (LLM, Ph.D)
- Public Law (LLM, Ph.D)
- Environmental Law (LLM, PhD)
- Business Law (LLM, Ph.D)
- Private and Property Law (LLM, PhD)
- Jurisprudence (LLM, Ph.D)
NEW APPROVED PROGRAMMES
- PhD International Relations & Strategic Studies
- MSc/PhD Biochemistry,
- PGD/MSc/PhD Computer Science
- MSc Physiology
- MSc Nursing Science
- MA/PhD Theatre Arts
- MSc Pharmaceutics & Pharmaceutical Technology
- PGD/M.Eng./PhD Chemical Engineering
- PGD/M.Eng./PhD Electrical/ Electronics Engineering
- PGD/M.Eng./PhD Mechanical Engineering.
GENERAL ADMISSION REQUIREMENT
- A Candidate for Postgraduate Studies in Igbinedion University must have obtained at least five (5) credits in WASC, NECO, GCE (ordinary level or their equivalents) NOTE: A CREDIT PASS IN MATHS AND ENGLISH IS REQUIRED.
- Four credits at Ordinary level, Plus OND (not pass), NCE, LIMB or Advance level passes or any other equivalent.
- A holder of a Pass (Degree/Diploma) is not qualified for admission into the postgraduate programme of the degree. He/She must possess PGD to be considered for admission into the Masters Programmes.
- A candidate applying for the Ph.D in any Programme of Igbinedion University must have obtained a minimum weighted average score of 60% in the Master’s degree.
- Only students who have the NYSC discharge, exemption or exclusion can be allowed to clear into the different courses.
- Nursing : In addition to the above, applicants for Nursing must be (1) Registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria and (2) Possess a valid Midwifery Council of Nigeria license
- Computer Science: Applicants with degree in Computer Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, BSc.(Ed) Computer may be considered.
- Physiology: Applicants with related B.Sc. degree, where Physiology hasbeen part of courses taught could be considered.
- MBA from a recognised University can apply for Mphil/Ph.D in Management
Candidate should request for their transcripts from their former institution. Applications of candidates whose transcripts are not forwarded to the school shall not be processed.
Candidates should print out the referee forms provided in the application page, fill and return directly to the Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies. Applications shall not be processed unless the referee reports are available.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
The procedure for the 2020/2021 Application for Postgraduate Admission for first time applicants is as follows:
Candidates are advised to have a valid e-mail account before starting the application process.
- Visit www.iuokada.edu.ng Click on Online Applications
- Select Postgraduate Programmes 2020/2021
- Download and Read the Instructions and Guidelines before proceeding
- Click on Register for application at the top left of the displayed page to proceed.
- Enter your First name; Middle name; and Surname along with your Email Adress and Phone Number.
- Immediately, your ID and Password will be sent to your email. Click on the Link within your email to continue
- Back On iuokada.waeup.org click on ‘Login’ (top right of the front page).
- Enter your username and the password to login.
- To start the application process, please click on ‘Application record’ and provide all required information and upload your passport photograph.
- Provide all required information and upload your passport photograph.
- Upload a Recent and clear 1” x 1” COLOURED passport photograph
- NOTE that the photograph uploaded will be the only valid ID for all admitted candidates throughout their stay in the Igbinedion University, Okada, .
- To pay for the Application, click on “Add online payment ticket” at the bottom of the page, then click on “Pay with…” Interswitch or Etransact on the top left corner of the page, follow the instruction to pay the application fee of N 15,0000.00;(excluding charges) with a valid ATM-Enabled Card from any Commercial Bank in Nigeria.
- Request that your transcript be sent to Igbinedion University. Address: The Office of the Secretary, School of Post Graduate Studies & Research (Main Campus), Igbinedion University, Okada, Edo State, Nigeria
- Send out the Referee forms. Your Application will not be processed until they are submitted.
- Preview and confirm your information before submitting your application online.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION:
The deadline for application into the PGD and Masters Programmes is on January 31st, 2021. There is no deadline for application into the PhD Programme.
ADMISSION PROCEDURE: Only candidates with admission offer letter into the various PG Programmes are to proceed to pay the total amount of Non-Refundable Acceptances fees as stated below:
Total N 100,000
For General Enquiries:
0803470151(Dean, PG School)
07032511003(Sec., PG School)
08063170869(Sub Dean PG School)
08037511008(Sub Dean PG School)
Email- email@example.com Website- www.iuokada.edu.ng/pgschool
- A non refundable acceptance fee must be paid as part payment of tuition before commencement of the program
- Acceptance fee Must be paid before candidates can be cleared.
Dr. Edwin O. Okoro
Thank you so much for reading this article, we really do appreciate. We hope you loved it, if you did, please share this page with your friends via the share buttons below. Sharing is caring.