JAMB Subject Combination & DE/UTME Requirement for food science and technology IN FACULTY OF ENGINEERING
Please Note: The UTME and Direct Entry Requirement for Food Science and Technology (FST) in the above faculty is also suitable for the following courses (in faculty of Engineering):
- Food Science And Engineering
- Food Technology
- Food Science With Business
IMPORTANT: Some school’s offers Food Science and Technology under Faculty of Agriculture and Sciences. It has a different requirement. See the requirement for FST in other faculties below this page.
Click here to see the requirement Faculty of Agriculture.
Click here to see the requirement Faculty of Sciences.
Do you want to study Food Science and Technology as a course in any Nigerian University?? Then Allschool have got you covered…..
In this page we are going to show you the UTME subject combination, O’level & Direct Entry (DE) requirement for Food Science and Technology in Faculty/College of Engineering/Environment/Technology. We will also show you the special consideration (waiver) for the course.
The UTME and Direct requirement below was lifted from JAMB Official Brochure. It is the Accurate and Official version for the above course.
In JAMB, what is the meaning of Special Consideration (Waiver)??
It means, additional requirement for a particular course in a particular school. If your school have a special consideration for either O’level Requirement, UTME Subject Combination or Direct Entry Requirement, then please take note of it.
Note sometimes in special consideration column, the school requirement might be slight different from the general requirement. We advice you know your desired school’s special consideration for your course. ITS NECESSARY else you might be denied admission.
UTME/JAMB SUBJECT COMBINATION FOR FOOD SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
Below is the UTME/JAMB SUBJECT COMBINATION for Food Science and Technology in faculty of Engineering/Environment/Technology;
Mathematics, Chemistry and Physics or Biology
SPECIAL CONSIDERATION (WAIVER)
- BELLS accepts physics/mathematics.
- FUTO requires Mathematics, Chemistry and Physics.
- IBADAN does not accept Biology.
- LAUTECH requires Physics.
- MAIDUGURI requires Chemistry, Biology/Agriculture and any one of Physics and Mathematics.
- MOUNTAIN TOP requires Chemistry, Physics and any one of Mathematics, Biology/Agricultural Science.
UTME REQUIREMENT FOR FOOD SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
Below is the O’level Requirement for Food Science and Technology in faculty of Engineering/Environment/Technology;
You require; Five (5) SSC credit passes to include Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, English Language and any other Science subject..
SPECIAL CONSIDERATION (WAIVER) REMARKS
- BELLS requires five (5) ‘O’ Level credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, Biology, Physics/ Agricultural Science/ Geography or Economics/ Food and Nutrition. May consider ‘O’ Level pass in Physics.
- FUTO requires at least five (5) ‘O’ Level credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics and Biology in not more than two (2) sittings.
- IBADAN – As in Agricultural and Environmental Engineering.
- LAUTECH accepts Agricultural Science in lieu of Biology.
- OAU does not accept Biology in lieu of Physics.
- MOUNTAIN TOP requires five (5) credit passes at SSC or its equivalent at not more than two sittings to include Mathematics, English, Chemistry, Biology/Agricultural Science and Physics
Direct Entry Requirements
Below is the Direct Entry (DE) Requirement for Food Science and Technology in faculty of Engineering/Environment/Technology;
- ‘A’ level passes in two (2) of Physics Chemistry, and Mathematics.
- ND/HND upper credit in relevant programmes.
SPECIAL CONSIDERATION (WAIVER) REMARKS
- BELLS accepts
a) two (2) ‘A’ Level passes in Chemistry/Physics/ Biology/ Mathematics.
b) ND/HND/ IJMB in relevant programmes.
- FUTO requires;
a) At least two (2) ‘A’ level passes not below Grade C from Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry.
b) ND/HND at Upper Credit level in Physics, Mathematics, Statistics, Chemistry, Microbiology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Biology, Computer Science or Engineering.
c) First Degree in Physics, Mathematics, Statistics, Chemistry, Microbiology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Biology, Computer Science or Engineering.
d) Very good passes in three JUPEB subjects namely Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics. It does not accept NCE. Candidates must in addition meet UTME ‘O’ Level requirements.
- IBADAN – as in Agricultural and Environmental Engineering. Accepts ‘A’ Level passes in Mathematics and Chemistry plus UTME requirements.
- LAUTECH accepts ND/HND upper credit in relevant programmes into 200 level and ‘A’ Level passes in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry. LAUTECH may accept ‘A’ Level Biology in lieu of Physics.
- MAIDUGURI accepts ‘O’ Level credit pass in Biology.
- MOUNTAIN TOP in addition to ‘O’ Level requirements requires:
a) a minimum of ND Upper Credit or equivalent from a recognized institution
b) G.C.E (‘A’ Level) or equivalent in at least two science subjects including Biology or Agricultural Science
c) Foundation/JUPEB obtained from Mountain Top University or other recognized Universities.
- OAU accepts
a) ND upper credit in Food Science and Technology.
b) ND/HND upper credit plus five (5) ‘O’ Level credit passes.
- WESLEYUNI accepts
a) at least 2 A’ level passes in Chemistry, Agricultural Science or Biology, Physics or Home Economics.
b) NCE merit/credit and ND upper credit in addition to five (5) ‘O’ Level credit passes or equivalents.
UNIVERSITIES YOU CAN STUDY FOOD SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY (FST)
- FUTO with options in:
(i) Food Processing and Engineering Technology
(ii) Food Microbiology Technology
(iii) Food Chemistry and Nutrition Technology
(iv) Enology and Brewing Tech.
- MOUNTAIN TOP
FOOD SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING
FOOD SCIENCE WITH BUSINESS
Source: JAMB Brochure.
Thank you so much for reading this article, we really do appreciate. We hope you loved it, if you did, please share this page with your friends via the share buttons below. Sharing is caring.