Accurate JAMB Subject Combination & DE/UTME Requirement for DENTISTRY AND DENTAL TECHNOLOGY in Faculty of MEDICAL/PHARMACEUTICAL/HEALTH SCIENCES.
Do you want to study Dentistry or Dental Surgery as a course in any Nigerian University?? Then Allschool have got you covered. The good thing about this page is that, you will not be denied admission for wrong JAMB subject combination or requirement.
In this page we are going to show you the UTME subject combination, O’level & Direct Entry (DE) requirement for Dentistry and Dental Surgery in Faculty/College of MEDICAL/PHARMACEUTICAL/HEALTH SCIENCES. We will also show you the special consideration (waiver) for the said course.
The UTME and Direct requirement below was lifted from JAMB Official Brochure. It is the Accurate and Official version for the above course.
In JAMB, what is the meaning of Special Consideration (Waiver)??
It means, additional requirement for a particular course in a particular school. If your school have a special consideration for either O’level Requirement, UTME Subject Combination or Direct Entry Requirement, then please take note of it.
Note sometimes in special consideration column, the school requirement might be slight different from the general requirement. We advice you know your desired school’s special consideration for your course. ITS NECESSARY else you might be denied admission.
UTME/JAMB SUBJECT COMBINATION FOR DENTISTRY
Below is the UTME subject combination for Dentistry and Dental Surgery in Faculty/College of MEDICAL/PHARMACEUTICAL/HEALTH SCIENCES;
- English Language(*),Chemistry, Biology and one (1) other Science subject.
SPECIAL CONSIDERATION FOR UTME SUBJECTS
- JOS, CALABAR, UNN, BENIN, LAGOS and OAU require Physics as the other science subject.
- IBADAN – Same as in Medicine and Surgery.
- MAIDUGURI requires Physics, Chemistry and Biology
- FUTO requires Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
- LAGOS requires English Language, Biology, Chemistry and Physics.
- ABU requires Use of English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
- PHC requires Chemistry, Biology and Physics or Mathematics.
UTME REQUIREMENT FOR DENTISTRY
Below is the O’level subjects needed for Dentistry and Dental Surgery in Faculty/College of MEDICAL/PHARMACEUTICAL/HEALTH SCIENCES;
- Five (5) SSC credit passes in English Language, Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics.
- UNN requires candidates in addition to minimum entry requirements to have ‘0’ level credit passes in English Language, Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics at not more than one (1) sitting
- FUTO requires at least five (5) ‘O’ Level credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics and Biology in not more than two (2) sittings.
- LAGOS requires Five O/Level credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry and Physics.
- ABU requires Five ‘O’ level credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
- PHC requires Five (5) SSC credit passes in English Language, Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics.
DIRECT ENTRY REQUIREMENT FOR DENTISTRY
Below is the Direct Entry requirement for Dentistry and Dental Surgery in Faculty/College of MEDICAL/PHARMACEUTICAL/HEALTH SCIENCES;
- Three (3) ‘A’ level passes to include Chemistry, Biology/Zoology and Physics.
SPECIAL CONSIDERATION FOR DIRECT ENTRY
- BENIN accepts B.Sc Second Class Lower in Biochemistry, Microbiology, Zoology, Botany, Anatomy, Physiology, Nursing, B.Sc or ND Optometry, B.Pharmacy or Doctor of Pharmacy.
- IBADAN as in Medicine and Surgery.
- JOS accepts passes in IJMB/’A’ Level in Physics, Chemistry and Zoology or Biology. Such candidates must also have obtained five (5) ‘0’ level credits passes in Physics, Chemistry, Biology or Zoology, English Language and Mathematics.
- LAGOS accepts JUPEB/’A’ -level passes in Physics Chemistry and Biology. B.Sc. Degree (first class/second class upper) in Medical related fields.
- OAU accepts B.Sc. with a minimum of second class Honours in relevant programme (Sciences).
- PHC accepts Three (3) A/Level passes in JUPEB or IJMB or GCE or HSC Passes in Physics, Chemistry and Biology including UTME entry requirements. First Degree (Second Class Honours – Upper division) in either Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry or any other related course including UTME entry requirements.
- ABU accepts ‘A’ Level/IJMB Passes in three subjects in Physics, Chemistry and Biology or Zoology.
- FUTO requires;
a) At least three ‘A’ level passes not below Grade C in Biology and any two of Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics.
b) ND/HND at Upper Credit level in Dental Technology, Dental Therapy and Dental Surgery Techniques.
c) First Degree in health sciences.
d) Very good passes in three JUPEB subjects namely Chemistry, Biology and Physics. It does not accept NCE. Candidates must in addition meet the ‘O’ Level requirements.
- UNN requires
a) Direct entry candidates in addition to satisfying the UTME requirements should also have three (3) ‘A’ Level passes in Biology or Zoology, Chemistry and Physics at one (1) sitting.
b) Accepts B.Sc in related programme for admission into the five (5) year standard programme.
c) MBBS may be admitted into the three (3) year clinical programme in Dentistry.
Please Check the: UTME/DE Requirement for Anatomy
LIST OF UNIVERSITIES YOU CAN STUDY DENTISTRY AND DENTAL SUREGERY
- FUTO (As dental technology)
Source: JAMB Brochure.
Thank you so much for reading this article, we really do appreciate. We hope you loved it, if you did, please share this page with your friends via the share buttons below. Sharing is caring.