Accurate JAMB Subject Combination & O’level Requirement for GEOPHYSICS.
- Source: iReservoir
Do you want to study Geophysics as a course in any Nigerian University?? Then Allschool have got you covered…..
In this page we are going to show you the UTME subject combination, O’level & Direct Entry (DE) requirement for Geophysics in Faculty/College of Science. We will also show you the special consideration (waiver) for the course.
The UTME and Direct requirement below was lifted from JAMB Official Brochure. It is the Accurate and Official version for the above course.
In JAMB, what is the meaning of Special Consideration (Waiver)??
It means, additional requirement for a particular course in a particular school. If your school have a special consideration for either O’level Requirement, UTME Subject Combination or Direct Entry Requirement, then please take note of it.
Note sometimes in special consideration column, the school requirement might be slight different from the general requirement. We advice you know your desired school’s special consideration for your course. ITS NECESSARY else you might be denied admission.
Content in Post
JAMB SUBJECT COMBINATION FOR GEOPHYSICS
English Language(*),Any three (3) of Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics..
SPECIAL CONSIDERATION (WAIVER)
- OAU require Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry.
- CALABAR does not accept Biology.
- FUPRE requires Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry.
- FED-OYE EKITI requires Physics and Mathematics, Chemistry or Biology.
- OSUSTECH requires Physics, Mathematics and any one (1) of Chemistry, Biology and Geography.
- FUTA requires Physics Mathematics and Chemistry.
- MOUNTAIN TOP requires Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry/Biology/Agricultural Science/Geography.
- FUPRE requires Mathematics, Chemistry and Physics.
- ILORIN requires Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry.
- LAGOS requires English Language, Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry.
- FED-KASHERE requires Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
O’LEVEL REQUIREMENT FOR GEOPHYSICS
Below is the O’level Requirement for GEOPHYSICS (UTME CANDIDATES)
Five (5) SSC credit passes including English Language, Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry/Biology.
SPECIAL CONSIDERATION (WAIVER)
- OAU requires five (5) ‘O’ Level credit passes in English Language, Chemistry, Biology/Further Mathematics, Mathematics and Physics
- BAUCHI – In addition to the UTME requirements, ‘O’ Level credit pass in Geography will be an advantage.
- FUTA accepts five (5) ‘O’ Level credit passes at a maximum of two (2) sittings in the following subjects: English Language, Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry and any other one of Biology/Geography/Technical Drawing.
- WESLEYUNI requires five (5) ‘O’ Level credit passes in English Language and Mathematics and any other three (3) subjects preferably Further Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Agricultural Science in that order.
- FUPRE requires five (5) ‘O’ Level credit passes including English Language, Biology, Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry.
- FED-OYE EKITI accepts five (5) credits passes in SSC (or its equivalent) including English, Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry.
- OSUSTECH requires five (5) ‘O’ Level credit passes in English Language, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology /Geography.
- LAGOS requires Five O/Level credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
- MOUNTAIN TOP requires five (5) credit passes at SSC or its equivalent at not more than two sittings to include Mathematics, English, Physics, Chemistry, Further Mathematics/Biology/Agricultural Science/Geography.
- ILORIN requires five (5) ‘O’ Level Credit passes to include English Language, Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry, and any one of the following: Further Mathematics, Biology, and Geography.
- FED-KASHERE requires Five credit passes at SSCE (or its equivalent) in English, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and any of Further Mathematics, Geography and Biology
DIRECT ENTRY REQUIREMENT FOR GEOPHYSICS
- ‘A’ level passes in Chemistry and Physics or Mathematics.
SPECIAL CONSIDERATION (WAIVER)
- OAU requires ‘A’ Level passes in Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics
- OAU accepts HND upper credit in Mining Engineering plus the UTME requirements.
- CALABAR – Same as for Physics.
- BAUCHI requires ‘A’ Level passes in Physics and Mathematics. ‘A’ Level pass in Geology will be an advantage.
- LAUTECH accepts ‘A’ Level passes in Physics, and Mathematics or ND upper credit /HND in Physics and plus the UTME requirements may be considered for admission into 200 level.
- FUTA requires;
(a) ND with a minimum of upper credit or equivalent in Geophysics, Geology, Mining, Civil and Electrical/Electronic Engineering or any other course adjudged relevant by the Department; or
(b) ‘A’ Level or its equivalent in Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry with grades not less than C at one sitting.
- FED-OYE EKITI requires two (2) ‘A’ Level passes in Physics, Mathematics or Chemistry.
- OSUSTECH requires
(a) Two (2) ‘A’ Level passes in Physics and Chemistry or Geography.
(b) ND distinction or credit in relevant programmes.
- LAGOS accepts Very good passes in the following three (3) JUPEB/A level subjects: Physics Chemistry Mathematics.
- MOUNTAIN TOP in addition to ‘O’ Level requirements requires:
a) a minimum of ND Upper Credit or equivalent from a recognized institution
b) G.C.E (‘A’ Level) or equivalent from a recognized institution in at least two science subjects including Physics and Mathematics.
c) Foundation/JUPEB obtained from Mountain Top University or other recognized Universities.
- FUPRE requires two (2) ‘A’ Level passes in Chemistry and Physics or Mathematics.
- FED-KASHERE accepts Two ‘A’ Level Passes (A-E) in any of Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry or Geography. Upper Credit in ND/NCE in Physics or relevant discipline or 10 Points in IJMB in Mathematics and Physics and any other one from Chemistry, Biology and Geography.
- ILORIN accepts;
a) A level passes to include Physics, Mathematics and any one of Chemistry and Geology.
b) National Diploma (Upper Credit) in Electrical Engineering, Petroleum Engineering, Geology and Mining, Physics or Computer Science
LIST OF UNIVERSITIES YOU CAN STUDY GEOPHYSICS
- FED-OYE EKITI
- MOUNTAIN TOP
GEOGRAPHY AND GEOSCIENCES
Source: JAMB Brochure.
Do you love the content you just read and think it will be useful to your friends? Then please share this page with your friends via: