JAMB Subject Combination & UTME/DE Requirement for ARABIC STUDIES.
Do you want to study Arabic Studies as a course in any Nigerian University?? Then Allschool have got you covered…..
In this page we are going to show you the UTME subject combination, O’level & Direct Entry (DE) requirement for Arabic Studies in Faculty/College of Art. We will also show you the special consideration (waiver) for the course.
The UTME and Direct requirement below was lifted from JAMB Official Brochure. It is the Accurate and Official version for the above course.
In JAMB, what is the meaning of Special Consideration (Waiver)??
It means, additional requirement for a particular course in a particular school. If your school have a special consideration for either O’level Requirement, UTME Subject Combination or Direct Entry Requirement, then please take note of it.
Note sometimes in special consideration column, the school requirement might be slight different from the general requirement. We advice you know your desired school’s special consideration for your course. ITS NECESSARY else you might be denied admission.
JAMB SUBJECT COMBINATION FOR ARABIC STUDIES
Below is the JAMB SUBJECT COMBINATION for Arabic Studies in faculty of Arts.
English Language(*), Arabic and two (2) subjects from Arts and/or Social Sciences.
- KWASU requires two (2) other Arts subjects.
UTME REQUIREMENT FOR ARABIC STUDIES
Below is the UTME Requirement for Arabic Studies in faculty of Arts
Five (5) SSC credit passes in English Language, Arabic and three (3) other relevant subjects.
- ILORIN may accept candidates with no Arabic but who meet the UTME requirements.
- LASU accepts IS in lieu of Arabic or candidates who indicate interest in Foreign Language learning and possess basic knowledge of Arabic.
- LASU accepts certificates from recognized Arabic Institutions from candidates who might not have offered Arabic at the ‘O’ level.
- KASU and UMYUK may accept Higher IS or Senior IS Results.
- KWASU requires five (5) ‘O’ level credit passes in English Language, Arabic, IS, plus any other two (2) Arts subjects. A certificate from a recognized Arabic school will be acceptable in lieu of ‘O’ level credit pass in Arabic.
- UDU accepts ‘O’ level credit pass in English Language, NCE General English and High Muslim Certificate.
- UMYUK requires five (5) ‘O’ level credit passes orits equivalent including English Language, Arabic, IS and two (2) other relevant Arts\Social Science subjects and a credit pass in mathematics
DIRECT ENTRY REQUIREMENT FOR ARABIC STUDIES
Below is the Direct Entry (DE) Requirement for Arabic Studies in faculty of Arts.
- Two (2) ‘A’ level passes in Arabic and any other Arts subject.
- ABU accepts
a) NCE merit in Arabic.
b) General English/Use of English at NCE satisfies ‘O’ level English requirements.
- ABUJA accepts a minimum of ten (10) points in NCE or NDupper credit in addition to the ‘O’ level requirements.
- ILORIN accepts NCE merit in Arabic or Social Sciences subjects.
- ILORIN considers candidates who do not offer Arabic at the UTME but meet the UTME requirements.
- KWASU accepts IJMB, Cambridge, NCE and SISC.
- LASU accepts
a) Two (2)‘A’level passes in Arabic and any other Arts subject plus five (5) ‘O’ level credit passes in other related Arts subjects.
b) Certificates issued by recognized Arabic Institutions are accepted in lieu of Arabic ‘O’ level subjects to the fulfillment of other entry requirements. NCE merit in Arabic is acceptable.
- SOSU and IBADAN accept NCE merit in Arabic and other Arts or Social Science subjects.
LIST OF UNIVERSITIES YOU CAN STUDY ARABIC STUDIES
Source: JAMB Brochure.
Thank you so much for reading this article, we really do appreciate. We hope you loved it, if you did, please share this page with your friends via the share buttons below. Sharing is caring.