JAMB Subject Combination & UTME/DE Requirement for BANKING & FINANCE.
Note: The UTME and Direct Entry Requirement you will read in this page is strictly for Faculty/College of Administration and different from that of Faculty of Social/Management Science.
Do you want to study banking & Finance as a course in any Nigerian University?? Then Allschool have got you covered…..
In this page we are going to show you the UTME subject combination, O’level & Direct Entry (DE) requirement for banking & Finance in Faculty/College of Administration. We will also show you the special consideration (waiver) for the course.
The UTME and Direct requirement below was lifted from JAMB Official Brochure. It is the Accurate and Official version for the above course.
In JAMB, what is the meaning of Special Consideration (Waiver)??
It means, additional requirement for a particular course in a particular school. If your school have a special consideration for either O’level Requirement, UTME Subject Combination or Direct Entry Requirement, then please take note of it.
Note sometimes in special consideration column, the school requirement might be slight different from the general requirement. We advice you know your desired school’s special consideration for your course. ITS NECESSARY else you might be denied admission.
JAMB SUBJECT COMBINATION FOR BANKING & FINANCE
English Language(*), Mathematics, Economics, plus any one (1) of Government and Geography.
- AUN requires Mathematics, plus any other subjects from the following: Economics, Geography, Government, History, Literature in English, Biology, Physics, Chemistry and French.
- EBSU and IGBINEDION – as in Accounting.
- ESUTECH, UNN, OOU – Mathematics, Economics, plus any Social Science subject.
- EVANGEL requires Mathematics, Economics and any other subject.
UTME REQUIREMENT FOR BANKING & FINANCE
Below is the UTME Requirement for banking & Finance (UTME CANDIDATES)
- Five (5) SSC credit passes to include: English Language, Mathematics and any other relevant subjects.
- For NBC, the other two (2) relevant subjects could be from any of the following, Accounting, Principles of Accounts, Commerce, Office Practice and Economics.
- AAUA requires ‘O’ level credit passes in Economics plus one (1) Social Science subject and any other subject.
- AUN does not accept ‘O’ level credit passes in the following; Agriculture, Food and Nutrition, Home Economics, Home Craft, Home Management, Physical Education, Physical and Health Education, Music, Commerce, Accounting, Financial Accounting, Book Keeping, Islamic Studies, History, Religious Studies, Tajweed, Library Studies, Diction, Kiswahili, Igbo, Hausa, Yoruba, Arabic, Turkish, Study Skills.
- AUN requires five (5) ‘O’ level credit passes including English Language, Mathematics, and any other three (3) subjects from the following: Economics, Geography, Government, History, Literature in English, Further Mathematics, Technical Drawing, Visual Arts, Computer Studies, Information Technology, Civics, Environmental Science, Biology, Physics, Chemistry and French.
- AAUA, UYO, UNIZIK, ESUTECH, EKSU, IMSU, PHC and LAGOS require ‘O’ level credit passes in Economics and two (2) other subjects.
- EKSU requires ‘O’ level credit passes in Economics plus other Social Science subjects.
- IMSU and BIU accept credit/merit in English Language in TC II.
- LAGOS requires ‘O’ level credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Economics and any two (2) of Government, Geography, Commerce, Financial Accounting, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Business Management and Book Keeping.
- MAKURDI, EBSU and RSUST – Same as in Accounting.
- PHC requires Economics and does not accept commercial subjects.
- UNN requires five (5) ‘O’ level credit passes to include: English Language, Mathematics and any other relevant subjects. For NBC the other two (2) relevant subjects could be from any of the following: Accounting, Principles of Accounts, Commerce, Office Practice and Economics.
DIRECT ENTRY REQUIREMENT FOR BANKING & FINANCE
- Two (2) ‘A’ level passes chosen from Accounting, Economics, Management, Mathematics, Geography and Statistics.
- ABU accepts
a) Two (2) ‘A’ level passes in Accounting or Economics and any one (1) other subject
b) NCE with passes at Merit level in relevant subjects.
c) ND at Credit level.
- AAUA accepts
a) HND lower credit in Banking and Finance;
b) ND at Credit levels in relevant disciplines.
- DELSU and ABSU accept ND in Banking/Finance with a minimum of ‘B’ overall average.
- EBSU accepts ACIB, ND, NCE or HND passed at merit level in relevant programmes in addition to the ‘O’ Level requirements.
- EKSU accepts ND upper credit in relevant programmes.
- ESUTECH accepts ND in Management, Marketing, Accounting and Finance.
- ESUTECH accepts ND in relevant programmes within the Faculty into 200 level in addition to the UTME requirements.
- EVANGEL requires two (2) ‘A’ Level passes in Economics and any of Science, Social Science or Management subjects plus “O’ level
- IGBINEDION as in Accounting.
- IMSU and PHC – No Direct Entry
- LAGOS accepts very good passes in three (3) JUPEB/A-LEVEL subjects: Economics and any other two (2) subjects from Financial Accounting, Business Studies, Mathematics, Geography and Government.
- MCPHERSON accepts
a) ND upper credit in relevant programmes.
b) Foundation of professional examinations such as ICAN, ACCA, ICMA& CIBN
c) JUPEB/IJMB ‘A’ level or equivalent in related programmes.
- OOU accepts
a) ‘A’ level passes in Economics and other subjects plus ‘O’ level credit passes in English Language and Mathematics;
b) ‘A’ level passes in Economics and Accounting.
c) ND/HND and NCE not below the equivalent of upper credit in relevant subjects from recognized institutions as well as Foundation/ Intermediate Passes of the ICAN, ACCA, ICMA and CIPFA.
- PHC, ESUTECH and UNIZIK require Direct Entry applicants to possess the UTME requirements.
- RSUST – Same as in Accountancy.
- UNIZIK does not accept Geography.
- UNN accepts
a) AIB and other professional qualifications or HND in relevant programmes plus the UTME requirements.
b) As in Accountancy.
- UYO accepts ND/HND in relevant programmes not below lower credit level. All Direct Entry candidates must satisfy the UTME requirements.
LIST OF UNIVERSITIES YOU CAN STUDY BANKING & FINANCE (In faculty of Administration)
Source: JAMB Brochure.
Thank you so much for reading this article, we really do appreciate. We hope you loved it, if you did, please share this page with your friends via the share buttons below. Sharing is caring.