Accurate JAMB Subject Combination & DE/UTME Requirement for EDUCATION AND COMPUTER SCIENCE.
Do you want to study either of Education and Computer Science?? Then we have got you covered….
In this page we are going to show you the UTME subject combination, O’level & Direct Entry (DE) requirement for Education and Computer Science in Faculty of Education. We will also show you the special consideration (waiver) for the course.
The UTME and Direct requirement below was lifted from JAMB Official Brochure. It is the Accurate and Official version for the above course.
In JAMB, what is the meaning of Special Consideration (Waiver)??
It means, “additional requirement” for a particular course in a particular school. If your school have a special consideration for either O’level Requirement, UTME Subject Combination or Direct Entry Requirement, then please take note of it.
Note sometimes in special consideration column, the school requirement might be slight different from the general requirement. We advice you know your desired school’s special consideration for your course. ITS NECESSARY else you might be denied admission.
Also Note: If you want to know if your dream university offer the above course, then CLICK HERE (thereafter, click on your aspiring university to see if the above course is listed among the courses offered).
- 1 UTME/JAMB SUBJECT COMBINATION FOR EDUCATION AND COMPUTER SCIENCE
- 2 UTME REQUIREMENT FOR EDUCATION AND COMPUTER SCIENCE
- 3 DIRECT ENTRY REQUIREMENT FOR EDUCATION AND COMPUTER SCIENCE
- 4 LIST OF UNIVERSITIES YOU CAN STUDY EDUCATION AND COMPUTER SCIENCE
UTME/JAMB SUBJECT COMBINATION FOR EDUCATION AND COMPUTER SCIENCE
Below is the UTME/JAMB SUBJECT COMBINATION for Education and Computer Science;
- English Language(*), Mathematics, Physics and one (1) of Biology, Chemistry and Physics.
SPECIAL CONSIDERATION (WAIVER)
- IAUED requires Economics.
- BOWEN does not accept Geography/Physics.
- LASU requires Chemistry.
- TASUED requires Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry.
- DELSU accepts Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry or Economics.
- BSU requires Mathematics, Physics and any one of Biology, Chemistry, Economics or Geography.
- ILORIN requires Mathematics and any other two (2) of Physics, Chemistry, and Computer Studies.
- ABU requires Use of English, Mathematics, and any two science subjects.
- PHC requires Mathematics and any other two (2) subjects from Biology, Agricultural Science, Further Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry.
- SOSU requires Mathematics, Physics and one of Biology, Chemistry and Geography
UTME REQUIREMENT FOR EDUCATION AND COMPUTER SCIENCE
Below is the UTME Requirement for Education and Computer Science;
- Five (5) SSC credit passes or its equivalents including Mathematics, English Language and three (3) other Science subjects.
SPECIAL CONSIDERATION (WAIVER)
- BOWEN and OOU require ‘O’ Level credit pass in Physics.
- IAUED requires ‘O’ Level credit pass in English Language.
- LAPAI prefers other subjects in the Sciences.
- PHC require Five (5) O Level credits passes in English Language, Mathematics, Physics or Chemistry and any other two (2) subjects from Biology, Agricultural Science, Further Mathematics
- LASU requires ‘O’ Level credit passes in Physics and Chemistry.
- BIU require ‘O’ Level credit passes in Physics and any other two (2) Science subjects.
- DELSU requires five (5) ‘O’ Level credit passes which must include English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and any other one subject at not more than two (2) sittings.
- TASUED requires five (5) ‘O’ Level credit passes at one(1) sitting or six (6) ‘O’ Level credit passes at two (2) sittings to include English Language, Mathematics, Physics, and any two (2) or three (3) subjects from Chemistry, Biology, Economics, Geography and Agricultural Science.
- BSU requires five credits ‘O’ Level Passes including: Mathematics, English Language, Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
- LCITY accepts ‘O’ Level credit passes at SSC or its equivalent in English Language, Mathematics, Physics and any other two (2) subjects.
- Credits in English, in the minor subject, and any other two O/Level subjects selected Science Subjects, Computer Studies or Data Processing.
- ABU accepts Five ‘O’ credit pass which must include Mathematics, English Language and any other three Science Subjects.
- SOSU requires Five (5) SSC credit passes to include English Language, Mathematics, Physics and two (2) other relevant science subjects at not more than two sittings.
DIRECT ENTRY REQUIREMENT FOR EDUCATION AND COMPUTER SCIENCE
Below is the DIRECT ENTRY (DE) Requirement for Education and Computer Science;
- Two (2) ‘A’ level passes including Physics or Chemistry.
SPECIAL CONSIDERATION (WAIVER)
- OOU accepts ND/NCE credit in relevant programme.
- BENIN and EKSU accept NCE candidates with credits in ‘O’ Level Mathematics; ND holders must fulfill the UTME requirements.
- IAUED requires two (2) ‘A’ Level passes/NCE in Computer Science, Mathematics and Physics. IAUED accepts ND/HND credit in Computer Science, Statistics, Information Technology and Electronics/Accounting.
- EKSU accepts NCE merit in Computer and a pass in General English in lieu of ‘O’ Level English Language.
- BAUCHI accepts NCE pass with five (5) years teaching experience.
- LASU accepts ‘A’ Level passes in Mathematics and Physics; or NCE at merit in Computer Education or Physics and Mathematics; OR Equivalents of the above.
- BIU same as in Accountancy
- BOWEN accepts ‘A’ Level/IJMB/NCE/ND or approved equivalents in Mathematics and Physics. Biology cannot be combined with Agricultural Science
- TASUED accepts two (2) ‘A’ Level passes in Chemistry, Mathematics or Physics.
- EBSU requires
a) two (2) ‘A’ Level passes in Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Computer, Mathematics or Integrated Science.
b) HND and NCE/OND with minimum of Merit and Upper credit respectively.
- BSU accepts:
(a) Preliminary degree candidates (from Benue State University only). Must pass at least five (5) out of the six (6) subjects studies with pass level of at least 50% in each subject.
(b) NCE use of English is acceptable in lieu of ‘O’ Level in English language.
(c) ‘A’ Level pass in any of the acceptable subjects.
(d) IJMB/GCE ‘A’ Level or Equivalent in Physics and Mathematics.
(e) ND (Computer science) or Diploma in Computer education at upper credits from a recognized institution.
(f) At least a merit in NCE (Computer Education) plus credit in Mathematics or Physics and a credit in English Language at SSC or its equivalent.
- SOSU also accepts Nigeria Certificate in Education (NCE) or Diploma in Science Education with a minimum of merit.
- DELSU requires at least merit pass and above in NCE and above in DELSU Diploma in Computer Science Education, Physics Education, Mathematics Education or Chemistry Education.
- ABU accepts Merit Pass in Higher Diploma and Diploma in Computer, Statistic or Mathematics Education. NCE with Merit in Education and Computer Science. Two ‘A’ Level/IJMB passes in Mathematics and Physics.
- PHC accepts Two (2) A/level GCE or HSC or JUPEB or IJMB passes in the relevant subjects including UTME entry requirements. NCE with Credit passes in the relevant subjects including UTME entry requirements.
- ILORIN accepts;
a) Nigeria Certificate in Education (NCE) or its equivalent in Computer Science (single or double major) with an overall grade of at least a Merit.
b) Ordinary National Diploma (OND) in Computer Science with a minimum overall grade of Lower Credit.
c) Passes at A ‘Level of G.C.E. or equivalent in Mathematics plus at least one of the following subjects: Physics, Further Mathematics and Chemistry, Computer Studies or Data Processing.
d) Any three (3) relevant subjects in IJMB and JUPEB
LIST OF UNIVERSITIES YOU CAN STUDY EDUCATION AND COMPUTER SCIENCE
Source: JAMB Brochure.
Thank you so much for reading this article, we really do appreciate. We hope you loved it, if you did, please share this page with your friends via the share buttons below. Sharing is caring.