JAMB Subject Combination & UTME/DE Requirement for FINE AND APPLIED ARTS.
Do you want to study Fine & Applied Arts as a course in any Nigerian University?? Then Allschool have got you covered…..
In this page we are going to show you the UTME subject combination, O’level & Direct Entry (DE) requirement for Fine & Applied Arts in Faculty/College of Art. We will also show you the special consideration (waiver) for the course.
The UTME and Direct requirement below was lifted from JAMB Official Brochure. It is the Accurate and Official version for the above course.
In JAMB, what is the meaning of Special Consideration (Waiver)??
It means, additional requirement for a particular course in a particular school. If your school have a special consideration for either O’level Requirement, UTME Subject Combination or Direct Entry Requirement, then please take note of it.
Note sometimes in special consideration column, the school requirement might be slight different from the general requirement. We advice you know your desired school’s special consideration for your course. ITS NECESSARY else you might be denied admission.
JAMB SUBJECT COMBINATION FOR FINE AND APPLIED ARTS
Below is the JAMB SUBJECT COMBINATION for Fine Arts, Fine & Applied Arts, Creative Arts, and Visual & Applied Arts .
English Language(*), Fine Arts and two (2) other Arts subjects or Social Science subjects.
SPECIAL CONSIDERATION (WAIVER)
- BENIN accepts two (2) Arts subjects and any other subject.
- LAGOS accepts any one (1) of Fine Arts/Literature in English/Music, one (1) Arts subject and any Science or Social Science subject.
- NDU accepts any three (3) subjects.
- PHC accepts any three (3) subjects.
UTME REQUIREMENT FOR FINE AND APPLIED ARTS
Below is the UTME Requirement for Fine Arts, Fine & Applied Arts, Creative Arts, and Visual & Applied Arts
- Five (5) SSC credit passes to include English Language and Fine Arts.
- For holders of NTC, the relevant subjects could be General Wood work, Building/Engineering Drawing, Introduction to Building Construction; Decorative Painting; SprayPainting, Lining, Sign and Design; Wall hanging, Colour Mixing/Matching and Glazing; Printing Origination; Machine Printing and Finishing; General Metal Work, Basic Electricity, Spinning, Weaving, Surface Design and Printing; Bleaching, Dyeing and Finishing; Graphic Design; Graphic Printing and Ceramics.
SPECIAL CONSIDERATION (WAIVER)
- ABSU accepts
a) ‘O’ levelcredit pass in English Language provided Fine Art grade is not below B3.
b) ‘O’ levelcredit passes in Mathematics and any three (3) subjects from Arts, Social Sciences and Sciences
- BENIN accepts five (5)’O’ level credit passes to include English Language and one (1) Arts subject. It also accepts candidates without Fine Arts at ‘O’ level.
- FED-LAFIA requires five (5) ‘O’ level credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Literature in English and any other relevant subjects.
- LAGOS accepts
a) for Theatre Arts, five (5) ‘O’ level credit passes in English Language, Literature in English, Mathematics and any other two (2) subjects one of which must be an Arts subject.
b) for Music, five (5) ‘O’ level credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Music/Literature in English and any other two (2) subjects from Arts, Science and Social Sciences.
c) for Visual Arts, five (5) ‘O’ level credit passes in English Language, Mathematics and any one (1) of Fine Arts/Visual Arts/Photography/Craft Practice/Dyeing & Bleaching and any other two (2) subjects, one (1) of which must be an Arts subject.
- NDU requires five (5) ‘O’ level credit passes in English Language and any four (4) of the following Literature in English, Fine Arts, History, Geography, Economics and Religious Studies at not more than two (2) sittings.
- PHC requires three (3) ‘O’ level credit passes to include Literature in English,CRS/IS,Economics, Mathematics/Biology/Agricultural Science, a Nigerian Language, History/Government and Geography.
- UNN requires five (5) ‘O’ level credit passes to include English Language, Fine and Applied Arts and one (1) Science subject. Candidates who possess NBC/NTC must have five(5) ‘O’ level credit passes which must include English language, Technical drawing, Painting and Decorating and a Science subject.
DIRECT ENTRY REQUIREMENT FOR FINE AND APPLIED ARTS
Below is the Direct Entry (DE) Requirement for Fine Arts, Fine & Applied Arts, Creative Arts, and Visual & Applied Arts.
- Two (2) ‘A’ level passes in Arts or Fine Arts and any other subject.
- ND,upper credit HND,lower credit from recognised institutions.
SPECIAL CONSIDERATION (WAIVER)
- BENIN requires ‘A’ level passes in Fine Arts and any other subject, the subject must include Literature in English. It accepts ND upper credit or HND lower credit in Fine Arts subjects from recognised institutions.
- LAGOS requires very good passes in three (3) JUPEB/’A’ level subjects
a) for Theatre Arts, Literature in English and any two (2) of Igbo, Yoruba, CRS/IS, French, History, Government, Music and Visual Arts.
b) for Visual Arts, Visual Arts and any two (2) of Igbo/Yoruba, CRS/IS, French, History, Government, and Music.
c) for Music, Music and any two (2) from Literature in English, Igbo/Yoruba, CRS/IS, French, History, Government, Economics, Chemistry, Biology, Further Mathematics and Visual Arts.
d) Also accepts HND/ND upper credit in Drama/Theatre and Music; NCE Music and ND or ‘A’ level in Music from the Royal School of Music, London, Trinity College, London and Musical Society of Nigeria (MUSON).
- MAIDUGURI accepts NCE with Fine/Creative Arts (Major)
- UNN requires
a) three (3) GCE ‘A’ level passes in Fine Arts or Technical Drawing plus the UTME requirements.
b) HND holders with an average of B grade with the UTME requirements into 300 level.
c) ND credit or NCE merit with the UTME requirements.
d) candidates would be interviewed
- NDU requires a pass in Literature in English at the ‘A’ level GCE, or HSC or merit NCE, and in other Arts subject, Fine and Industrial Arts or Theatre Arts.
LIST OF UNIVERSITIES YOU CAN STUDY FINE AND APPLIED ARTS
Source: JAMB Brochure.
Thank you so much for reading this article, we really do appreciate. We hope you loved it, if you did, please share this page with your friends via the share buttons below. Sharing is caring.