Accurate JAMB Subject Combination & DE/UTME Requirement for SHARIA LAW IN FACULTY/SCHOOL/COLLEGE OF LAW.
- LLB Degree lasts for a minimum of FIVE years for UTME candidates and FOUR years for Direct Entry applicants.
- Some Universities may accept candidates with good Honours Degree into 4-year LLB. Programme.
Do you want to study ISLAMIC/ SHARIA LAW in any Nigerian University?? Then Allschool have got you covered…..
In this page we are going to show you the UTME subject combination, O’level & Direct Entry (DE) requirement for ISLAMIC/ SHARIA LAW in Faculty/College of Law. We will also show you the special consideration (waiver) for law aspirants.
The UTME and Direct requirement below was lifted from JAMB Official Brochure. It is the Accurate and Official version for the above course.
In JAMB, what is the meaning of Special Consideration (Waiver)??
It means, additional requirement for a particular course in a particular school. If your school have a special consideration for either O’level Requirement, UTME Subject Combination or Direct Entry Requirement, then please take note of it.
Note sometimes in special consideration column, the school requirement might be slight different from the general requirement. We advice you know your desired school’s special consideration for your course. ITS NECESSARY else you might be denied admission.
- 1 UTME/JAMB SUBJECT FOR ISLAMIC LAW
- 2 UTME REQUIREMENT FOR SHARIA/ISLAMIC LAW
- 3 DIRECT ENTRY REQUIREMENT FOR ISLAMIC/SHARIA LAW
- 4 LIST OF UNIVERSITIES YOU CAN STUDY SHARIA/ISLAMIC LAW
UTME/JAMB SUBJECT FOR ISLAMIC LAW
Below is the UTME/JAMB SUBJECT COMBINATION for ISLAMIC LAW in faculty of Law;
- English Language(*), and Any three (3) Arts or Social Science subjects including Arabic or Islamic Studies
SPECIAL CONSIDERATION (WAIVER)
- Any two (2) Arts or Social Science subjects including Literature in English.
- ABU require Use of English, IRK/Arabic and any other two Arts or Social Science subjects.
- UDU requires Arabic
- MAIDUGURI requires any three from Government, Economics, Geography or Arts subjects including Arabic or Islamic Studies.
- ILORIN requires any three (3) Arts or Social Sciences Subjects which must include Arabic or Islamic Studies.
UTME REQUIREMENT FOR SHARIA/ISLAMIC LAW
Below is the UTME Requirement for ISLAMIC/ SHARIA LAW in faculty of Law;
Five (5)’O’ Level credit passes in Arts or Social Sciences to include English Language and Islamic Studies or Arabic
SPECIAL CONSIDERATION (WAIVER) FOR UTME REQUIREMENT
- BAYERO requires Islamic Studies/Arabic and Literature-in- English for Common and Islamic Law.
- ILORIN requires Five (5) ‘O’ level (SSCE/GCE/NECO/NABTEB/ etc.) credit passes in Arts /Social Sciences subjects including English language, Arabic or Islamic Studies and Mathematics.
- KSU requires five (5) ‘O’ Levelcredit passes in English Language, Literature in English and three (3) other relevant Arts, Social Science, or Science subjects.
- ABU requires Five ‘O’ Level Credit passes which must include English Language, Arabic Language/Islamic Studies and any other three Arts or Social Science Subjects.
DIRECT ENTRY REQUIREMENT FOR ISLAMIC/SHARIA LAW
Below is the DIRECT ENTRY (DE) Requirement for ISLAMIC/ SHARIA LAW in faculty of Law
Two (2)A’ level passes to include Islamic Studies or Arabic
SPECIAL CONSIDERATION (WAIVER) FOR DIRECT ENTRY
- ABU accepts Two ‘A’ Level/IJMB passes in IRK/Arabic and any other Arts or Social Science subjects ABU Diploma in Shari’ah and Civil Law with at least Merit Grade.
- BAYERO does not accept NCE.
- ILORIN accepts;
a) At least, two (2) ‘A’ Level passes in GCE/IJMB or its equivalent in Arts or Social Science subjects one of which must include Arabic or Islamic Studies
b) Diploma in Law (Upper Credit) from recognized institutions
c) First Degree from a recognized University
d) The following qualifications may be considered in lieu of “A“ Level Subjects for Direct Entry Admissions, HND., A.C.I.S., ACA, A.C.C., LL.B (Inter ) of University of London and NCE
e) Such candidate must meet the UTME entry requirements stipulated above.
Where a diploma is graded as – Distinction, Credit, Merit and Pass, Credit grade is accepted for direct admission.
LIST OF UNIVERSITIES YOU CAN STUDY SHARIA/ISLAMIC LAW
Below are universities that study ISLAMIC/ SHARIA LAW in Faculty of Law;
- BAYERO (COMMON AND ISLAMIC LAW)
- ILORIN (COMMON AND ISLAMIC LAW)
- KWASU (COMMON AND ISLAMIC LAW)
- NASARAWA (COMMON AND ISLAMIC LAW)
- UDU (COMMON AND ISLAMIC LAW)
Source: JAMB Brochure.
Thank you so much for reading this article, we really do appreciate. We hope you loved it, if you did, please share this page with your friends via the share buttons below. Sharing is caring.