JAMB Subject Combination & UTME/DE Requirement for MUSIC IN FACULTY OF ARTS/HUMANITIES.
Do you want to study Music as a course/programme in any Nigerian University?? Then Allschool have got you covered…..
In this page we are going to show you the UTME subject combination, O’level & Direct Entry (DE) requirement for Music in Faculty of Arts. We will also show you the special consideration (waiver) for the course.
The UTME and Direct requirement below was lifted from JAMB Official Brochure. It is the Accurate and Official version for the above course.
In JAMB, what is the meaning of Special Consideration (Waiver)??
It means, additional requirement for a particular course in a particular school. If your school have a special consideration for either O’level Requirement, UTME Subject Combination or Direct Entry Requirement, then please take note of it.
Note sometimes in special consideration column, the school requirement might be slight different from the general requirement. We advice you know your desired school’s special consideration for your course. ITS NECESSARY else you might be denied admission.
JAMB SUBJECT COMBINATION FOR MUSIC
Below is the UTME/JAMB SUBJECT COMBINATION for MUSIC in faculty of Arts and Humanities.
- English Language(*), Music, one (1) other Arts subject and any other subject.
SPECIAL CONSIDERATION (WAIVER)
- BOWEN requires any of Literature in English or CRS as the other subject.
- LASU accepts Music plus any two (2) other subjects.IBADAN and UNIZIK accept any other three (3)Arts or Social Science subjects.
- MOUNTAIN TOP requires one (1) language subject and one (1) Social Science subjects.
- OAU accepts any three (3) subjects from Arts, Social Sciences or Sciences.
- UNN and PHC accept any three (3) subjects.
UTME REQUIREMENT FOR MUSIC
Below is the UTME Requirement for MUSIC in faculty of Arts and Humanities
- Five (5) SSC credit passes including Music and English Language.
SPECIAL CONSIDERATION (WAIVER)
- ) BOWEN accepts Music Society of Nigeria’s Grade V certificate, Trinity College of Music Grade V certificate and Associated Board of Royal School of Music Grade V Certificate and other Arts or Social Science subjects.
- UNIJOS requires five (5) ‘O’ level credit passes to include English Language, Literature in English and any Arts/Social Science subjects at two (2) sittings.
- MOUNTAIN TOP requires five (5) ‘O’ level credit passes in English Language and another Language African or European and ‘O’ level credit pass in Music or pass at Grade V or Higher Local Examinations in Music of ABRSM or its equivalent.
- OAU accepts English Language, one (1)Arts or Humanities subject and three (3) from Biology, Physics, Chemistry, ICT, Economics, Geography, Agricultural Science, Accounting, Mathematics.
- OAU requires’O’ level credit passes in another Language, African or European.
- OAU and IBADAN – ‘O’ level credit pass in Music is not compulsory.
- PHC accepts five (5) ‘O’ level credit passes in English Language and any other four (4) subjects a credit pass in Music is an added advantage.
- UNIZIK does not require ‘O’ level credit pass in Music but does accept ‘O’ level pass in English Language.
- UNN and UNIUYO require candidates to pass Audition which is held on the last Thursday and Friday of August every year.
- UNIUYO does not insist on a credit pass in Music at ‘O’ level. If a candidate earns a Grade V certificate in the Associated Board of Royal School of Music (ABRSM) Examination or Music
Society of Nigeria (MUSON) Examination, it will be an added advantage.
DIRECT ENTRY REQUIREMENT FOR MUSIC
Below is the Direct Entry (DE) Requirement for MUSIC in faculty of Arts and Humanities.
- Two (2) ‘A’ level passes to include Music.
SPECIAL CONSIDERATION (WAIVER)
- BOWEN accepts ‘A’ level pass in Mathematics or other Arts or Social Science subjects.
- DELSU accepts HND upper credit into 300 level also accepts Associated Board of Royal School of Music (ABRSM) Grade.
- DELSU does not insist on ‘O’ level credit pass in Music. Both the UTME and DE candidates must pass departmental audition.
- IBADAN accepts
a) ND/HND upper credit in Music from recognised institutions will be admitted into the 200 level.
b) ‘A’ level pass in Music plus any other two (2) ‘A’ level subjects will be admitted into the 200 level.
c) NCE credit/merit Music major and any other subject will be admitted into the 200 level.
d) Grade VIII Theory ABRSM or MUSON Certificate with any good HND or degree certificate will be admitted into the 200 level.
- UNIJOS accepts MUSIC major in relevant programme such as Theatre Arts, ND MUSIC credit or NCE credit/merit in Music Education credit/merit,IJMB ‘A’ level in Music in addition to UTME requirements.
- LASU accepts
a) NCE merit in Music Education, Music Technology/Music from recognised institutions.
b) ND Music/Music Technology
c) (a) and (b) in addition to five (5)’O’ level credit passes at not more than two (2)
sittings to include English Language and any
combination of Arts and Sciences.
- MOUNTAIN TOP requires two (2) ‘A’ level passes including Literature in English and one (1) other Language subject.
- OAU accepts passes in three (3) subjects including Music
a) NCE credit in Music.
b) ABRSM London, Grade VIII (theory and practical) or its equivalent.
c) ND Music upper credit from OAU or any other recognized higher institution.
- PHC – No Direct Entry.
- UNN accepts
a) for three (3)-Years
1. Pass in NCE single major, NCE double major, and ND in music.
2. Music Society of Nigeria’s Grade V Certificate.
3. Trinity College of Music Grade V certificate
4. Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music Grade V certificate.
b) for two(2)-Years NCE merit double major in Music Education
- UYO accepts ND
LIST OF UNIVERSITIES YOU CAN STUDY MUSIC
Below are universities that study MUSIC in Faculty of Arts and Humanities;
- MOUNTAIN TOP
Source: JAMB Brochure.
Thank you so much for reading this article, we really do appreciate. We hope you loved it, if you did, please share this page with your friends via the share buttons below. Sharing is caring.