JAMB Subject Combination & UTME/DE Requirement for PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION.
Note: The UTME and Direct Entry Requirement you will read in this page is strictly for Faculty/College of Administration and different from that of Faculty of Social/Management Science.
Do you want to study Public Administration as a course in any Nigerian University?? Then Allschool have got you covered…..
In this page we are going to show you the UTME subject combination, O’level & Direct Entry (DE) requirement for Public Administration in Faculty/College of Administration. We will also show you the special consideration (waiver) for the course.
The UTME and Direct requirement below was lifted from JAMB Official Brochure. It is the Accurate and Official version for the above course.
In JAMB, what is the meaning of Special Consideration (Waiver)??
It means, additional requirement for a particular course in a particular school. If your school have a special consideration for either O’level Requirement, UTME Subject Combination or Direct Entry Requirement, then please take note of it.
Note sometimes in special consideration column, the school requirement might be slight different from the general requirement. We advice you know your desired school’s special consideration for your course. ITS NECESSARY else you might be denied admission.
Content in Post
JAMB SUBJECT COMBINATION FOR PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION
Below is the JAMB SUBJECT COMBINATION for Public Administration in faculty of Administration.
English Language(*), Government, Economics and any other subject.
- ABU accepts History In lieu of Government.
- EBSU requires Economics and any other Social Science subject.
- OAU requires Mathematics, Economics, Government.
- SALEM requires Government, Economics and any Social Science subject.
- UNIZIK requires Mathematics, Economics and any other Arts or Social Science subject. Geography is not acceptable.
UTME REQUIREMENT FOR PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION
Below is the UTME Requirement for Public Administration in faculty of Administration
- Five (5) SSC credit passes to include English Language, Economics and Government.
- For NBC holders, the other relevant subjects could be from any of the following: Accounting, Principles of Accounts, Commerce, Office Practice and Secretarial Duties.
- ABU does not accept a combination of Local Languages and Religious Studies.
- BSU and UNN require at least a pass in Mathematics.
- COOU, ESUTECH and UNIZIK require ‘O’ level credit passes to include Mathematics.
- EBSU – Same as in Accountancy.
- NASARAWA accepts two ‘A’ level or IJMB passes chosen from Accounts, Business Management, Government and Statistics; NCE Government or ND Public Administration with merit/lower credit.
- OAU requires English Language, Mathematics, Government, Economics, History and Geography.
- UNN requires minimum entry requirements plus ‘O’ level credit passes in English Language, Government or History and Mathematics.
- CARITAS requires five (5) ‘O’ level credit passes to include English Language, Economics, Government, History, Accounting, Business Management and a pass in Mathematics or Further Mathematics.
DIRECT ENTRY REQUIREMENT FOR PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION
Below is the Direct Entry (DE) Requirement for Public Administration in faculty of Administration.
- Two (2) ‘A’ level passes chosen from Economics, Accounting, Business Management, Government, Geography and Statistics.
- ABU accepts two (2) ‘A’ level/IJMB passes one (1) of which must include Government/History or Economics.
- ADSU accepts HND /ND /NCE at Credit/merit level in appropriate programmes/subjects
- COOU accepts NCE (Government) or ND lower credit in Public Administration.
- EBSU accepts HND /ND /NCE pass at credit/merit level in relevant programmes/subjects in addition to the ‘O’ level requirement. ND must be at upper credit level.
- ILORIN accepts ND upper credit in Public Administration or Local Government Studies and HND lower credit or Advanced Diploma in Public Administration from Accredited Tertiary Institutions in addition to meeting the UTME requirements.
- NASARAWA accepts History In lieu of Government.
- OAU accepts
a) Three (3) ‘A’ level passes plus the UTME requirements in Economics, Government or History and Geography.
b) ND upper credit pass in Public Administration, Business Administration, Statistics and Accountancy or University Diploma with merit in Public Administration or Local Government.
- UDU accepts
a) History/Social Studies or Sociology In lieu of Government.
b) ND lower credit in Public Administration.
- UNIZIK does not accept Geography.
- UNN accepts Direct Entry candidates for a three (3)-year programme, they are required to possess one (1) of the following qualifications:
a) Two (2) ‘A’ level passes or their equivalents in any of the following subjects; Government/History, Economics, Business Management, Accounting and Geography plus the UTME requirements.
b) HND lower credit from recognized institutions plus the UTME requirements.
c) Possession of Government is not a pre- requisite for three (3)-year Direct Entry candidates.
d) ND or HND credit in Public Administration.
- CARITAS accepts
a) two (2) ‘A’ level passes chosen from Economics, Accounting, Business Management, Government, History,
b) ND in Public Administration, Political Science, Secretarial Studies (now Office Technological Management)
c) NCE merit in Government or its equivalent and UTME entry requirements.
LIST OF UNIVERSITIES YOU CAN STUDY PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION
Source: JAMB Brochure.
Do you love the content you just read and think it will be useful to your friends? Then please share this page with your friends via: