JAMB Syllabus for CRS: The JAMB Syllabus for Christian Religious Studies (CRS) for the 2020 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME).
AllSchool is pleased to present the 2020 Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) Christian Religious Studies (CRS) Syllabus for UTME candidates. This JAMB syllabus for CRS will assist concerned candidates prepare adequately for the upcoming examination.
JAMB Syllabus is a place where JAMB lists out all the topics, sub-topics and textbooks candidates needs for the preparation of a particular subject. In this page, we will sharing with you the CRS Syllabus. We will also share with you the recommended prose, poets, drama and anthologies.
We can assure that if you are able to read, understand and digest the topics below, then you will score at least 90/100 in CRS. This is achievable but you must prepare. Not just read anything, read the topics that matters. Preparing with the the adequate materials/books. Yes prepare with the JAMB syllabus for CRS.
Aside scoring above 90/100 in JAMB when you prepare with the JAMB syllabus, most universities, polytechnics and College of Education uses this syllabus in setting their post utme questions. This implies that since you will score above 90 in JAMB, then you will definitely score above 90% in your post utme, hence, you will get admission.
PLEASE NOTE: After listing out recommended text-books below, you will see an option to view syllabus for other subjects.
- JAMB UTME Registration – Instructions & Guidelines.
- JAMB Subjects Combination for All Courses in Nigeria.
- Things You Must do during the UTME Registration.
JAMB Official Syllabus for CRS.
You can CLICK HERE to download the JAMB Syllabus for CRS 2020 PDF or continue reading it on this website below.
Topics in Christian Religious Studies to read in Preparation for UTME
UTME candidates preparing to write Christian Religious Studies in the forthcoming UTME should note that they should read only the 4 topics and 52 subtopics listed below. The topics are;
1. CREATION TO THE DIVISION OF THE KINGDOM
This is the first topic and it has 8 subtopics. They include;
- A MAN AFTER GOD’S HEART
- DECISION MAKING
- DIVINE PROVIDENCE, GUIDANCE AND PROTECTION
- LEADERSHIP QUALITIES
- OBEDIENCE AND DISOBEDIENCE
- PARENTAL RESPONSIBILITY
- THE COVENANT
- THE SOVEREIGNTY OF GOD
2. DIVISION OF THE KINGDOM TO THE RETURN FROM EXILE AND THE PROPHETS
This is the second topic in the UTME syllabus for CRS and it has 9 subtopics. They include;
- CONCERN FOR JUDAH
- FAITH, COURAGE AND PROTECTION
- GOD’S MESSAGE TO NINEVEH
- GREED AND ITS EFFECTS
- HOLINESS AND DIVINE CALL
- PUNISHMENT AND HOPE
- RELIGIOUS REFORMS IN JUDAH
- SOCIAL JUSTICE, TRUE RELIGION AND DIVINE LOVE
- THE SUPREMACY OF GOD
3. SELECTED EPISTLES
This is the third topic in the JAMB syllabus for CRS and it has 16 subtopics. They include;
- CHRISTIAN GIVING
- CHRISTIAN LIVING IN THE COMMUNITY
- CHRISTIANS AS JOINT HEIRS WITH CHRIST
- CIVIC RESPONSIBILITY
- DIGNITY OF LABOUR
- EFFECTIVE PRAYER
- JUSTIFICATION BY FAITH
- NEW LIFE IN CHRIST
- SEXUAL IMMORALITY
- SPIRITUAL GIFTS
- THE LAW AND GRACE
- THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST
4. THE FOUR GOSPELS AND THE ACTS OF THE APOSTLES
This is the second topic in the CRS Jamb syllabus it has nineteen (19) subtopics. They include;
- FELLOWSHIP IN THE EARLY CHURCH
- JESUS’ TEACHINGS ABOUT HIMSELF
- MISSION OF THE DISCIPLES
- MISSION TO THE GENTILES
- OPPOSITION TO THE GOSPEL MESSAGE
- RESURRECTION, APPEARANCES AND ASCENSION OF JESUS
- SERMON ON THE MOUNT
- THE BAPTISM AND TEMPTATION OF JESUS CHRIST
- THE BIRTH AND EARLY LIFE OF JESUS
- THE GREAT CONFESSION
- THE HOLY SPIRIT AND THE MISSION OF THE CHURCH
- THE LAST SUPPER
- THE PARABLES
- THE TRANSFIGURATION
- THE TRIALS AND THE DEATH OF JESUS
- THE TRIUMPHANT ENTRY AND THE CLEANSING OF THE TEMPLE
That’s all! The four topics and 52 subtopic above are all you need to read in preparation for the UTME.
The next thing AllSchool will show you is the JAMB recommended textbooks for CRS.
JAMB Approved Text Books for CRS
- ExamFocus Christian Religious Knowledge by Adetunji, P.G
- Christian Religious Knowledge for Secondary Schools Books 1 3 by Adeyemo, I. O. et al
- Christian Religious Knowledge for Senior Secondary Schools, Book 1 3, by Adeyinka, A. A. et al
- Christian Religious Knowledge for Senior Secondary Schools. by Adigwe, H.A etal.
- Senior Secondary School Christian Religious Knowledge: Themes from Selected Epistles, by Aghaeghuna, E. O. N
- Christian Religious Knowledge for Senior Secondary Schools Books 1 3, by Dopamu A. Et al
Christian Religious Knowledge for Senior Secondary Schools Books 1 3,by Ilori J. A. et al.
- Round-Up for Senior Secondary Certificate Examination Christian Religious Knowledge: A Complete Guide. by Izuchukwu, A.E. etal.
- Gospel Parallels: A Synopsis of the First Three Gospels. by Throckmorton, B.H, Jr. (ed).
- THE BIBLE: Revised Standard Version.
That’s all! We recommend you read any of the book/text books above and we promise, you won’t regret it. Our prayer for you is Success!
You read this CRS JAMB syllabus on your favourite educational website: www.allschool.com.ng. AllSchool wishes you the very best of luck and prays you get admission this year…Amen!
Select a subject below to view its JAMB Syllabus
Allschool wishes you best of luck.
Source: JAMB IBASS.
Thank you so much for reading this article, we really do appreciate. We hope you loved it, if you did, please share this page with your friends via the share buttons below. Sharing is caring.