Jemila Abubakar Memorial Essay Competition for 2021/2022 is Ongoing. The deadline to submit an entry is 20th December 2021. See details below.
The Asido Foundation (AF) is a not-for-profit charity organization that seeks to counter the ocean of ignorance around mental health by providing evidence – based information, and engaging in advocacy and intervention activities aimed at improving the mental health needs of the Nigerian population.
Ms Jemila Abubakar was the pioneer Project Manager of the Asido Foundation.
She was an awesome treasure to have. In terms of commitment, creativity, passion, a strong desire to help other human beings. Sadly, they lost her after a brief illness in July 2020.
The Asido Foundation plans to keep her memory alive through an Annual Essay Competition for undergraduates of all Tertiary Institutions in Nigeria.
The theme will always be on a topical mental health issue.
Undergraduate students in tertiary institutions in Nigeria are invited to submit essays on the topic:
- Criminalization of suicidal attempts in Nigeria: To stay or to go
- Entries should range from 750 to a maximum of 1,500 words.
- Send word document format to https://bit.ly/AsidoJAME2
- Entries should be 70% original as they will be checked for plagiarism
- Kindly attach your passport photograph, evidence of studentship and your certificate of having taken the Unashamed pledge. (asidofoundation.com/unashamed)
- 1st place- N200,000
- 2nd place- N150,000
- 3rd place- N100,000
METHOD OF APPLICATION
To apply, Send word document format to https://bit.ly/AsidoJAME2
Entries should be 70% original as they will be checked for plagiarism .
Kindly attach your passport photograph, evidence of studentship and your certificate of having taken the Unashamed pledge. (asidofoundation.com/unashamed)
- Top 15 entries would be awarded a certificate of and will be enrolled as JAME 2022 Fellowship Mentees
- Deadline for submission of entries is 11:59pm, December 20, 2021.
- Winners will be announced on the 19th of January, 2022 during our Interactive Monthly Community Engagement
Thank you so much for reading this article, we really do appreciate. We hope you loved it, if you did, please share this page with your friends via the share buttons below. Sharing is caring.