The Lagos State Ministry of Education has officially announced the Teachers’ Merit Award program for the Year 2020. The deadline to submit an entry is 25th January 2021. Details below.
STAY UPDATED: If you want use to send you your school's latest update on WhatsApp. Then CLICK HERE to join our WhatsApp Update Group Now.
The Lagos state Governor, Mr Babjide Sanwolu has promised to give out cars to 13 outstanding teachers and leaders in Government Primary, Junior Secondary, Senior Secondary Schools and Technical Colleges across Lagos State as rewards for excellent performance and dedication in the discharge of duties by our exemplary teachers and leaders.
About Lagos State Teachers’ Merit Award 2020
The Goal of the Lagos State Teachers’ Merit award is to recognize, showcase and appreciate the State’s finest teachers.
This award honours them for raising the standards of education and finding ways to excel and distinguish themselves even through challenging times imposed by the Coronavirus pandemic in year 2020, thereby ensuring that no child was disadvantaged nor left behind.
To complement the efforts of teacher’s, Governor of Lagos, Mr. Babajide Olusola Sanwo-Olu announced that his administration will be rewarding 13 Teachers with 13 Cars.
This was a grand declaration, a groundbreaking feat yet to be experienced in the History of the Awards. An assurance that Governor Sanwo Olu appreciates the hard work and dedication of teachers in Lagos State.
The thirteen recipients will be selected from schools within the State. This commitment is geared towards motivating the teaching profession for better performances in service delivery now and in the future.
Criterial & Eligibility
- Educators must be teachers or administrators in the Lagos State Public School system
- Entries must be received by 25th January 2021
- Applicants must possess a TRCN number
- Entries are open from all Teachers in Public Primary, Secondary and Technical Colleges in Lagos State.
The selection process will exhibit innovation, fairness and excellent standards end-to-end based on the following criteria:
- – Evidence of outstanding leadership or contribution in improving teaching and learning
- – Evidence of positive holistic impact on students’ learning beyond classroom protocol
- – intellectually, academically and most especially psychologically
- – Evidence of community impact and involvement through their work
- – Evidence of innovation
- – Evidence of efficiency and effectiveness
METHOD OF APPLICATION
- Interested teachers or administrators in the Lagos State Public School system who meet the criteria listed above should apply by clicking on the “Apply” button.
25th January, 2021.
Thank you so much for reading. We will appreciate it if you share this with your loved ones.