LASU Resumption Date: Lagos State University (LASU) Resumption Date for Completion of 2019/2020 Academic Session has been Announced. See details below.
Sequel to the suspension of the JAC industrial action by non-academic staff unions in the Lagos State University (LASU) Management hereby announces the resumption of academic activities from Monday, 1st March, 2021.
In view of this development, Management directs all students to return to the campuses (Ojo, Ikeja & Epe) on Mon., 1st March, 2021 for the completion of first semester, 2019/2020 Academic Session. Also, suspended examinations will commence on Wed., 3rd March, 2021.
In addition, the Second Semester, 2019/2020 Academic Session will commence, Monday, 15th March, 2021.
The University Management welcomes all students back to the campuses and wishes them best of luck in their outstanding examinations that were suspended due to the strike.
Conditions for Accessing LASU Campuses
- Staff, students and any other individual without face mask will not be allowed access into any of the University campuses (i.e. Ojo, Epe and Ikeja).
- Screening and checking of entrants at all entrances of the University using infrared thermometers is compulsory.
- Staff and students must wear their Identity cards in order to be allowed access into the University.
- Any staff or student who has misplaced his/her Identity card should go to the University Website; www.lasu.edu.ng and generate a temporary Identity card to enable him/her gain access into the campus and thereafter proceed to the Directorate of Information and Communication Technology to process a permanent Identity card.
- Staff and students must come into the University campuses (Ojo, Epe and Ikeja) with their individual hand sanitizers.
- All academic members of staff are to resume on Monday 14th September, 2020.
- Only non-academic staff members on CONUNASS 12 and above and others on essential duties would be allowed entrance into the University Campuses.
- Members of Management, Directors and Deans of Faculties are the only categories of staff allowed to receive visitors within official hours during this period. Other categories of staff are to receive visitors STRICTLY on official matters.
LASU New Regulations During Lectures
- For emphasis, lecturers must ensure that all students wear their facemask during classes.
- Lecturers must ensure that their classes are not crowded and students observe physical distancing by maintaining the prescribed two meters between two students.
- Lecturers must ensure that there is adequate ventilation in their lecture rooms.
LASU Regulations for Service Providers
i. STAFF CLUB: Operation of the staff club shall be between 12.00hrs and 18.00hrs daily and in order not to violate NCDC protocols, social gathering of over fifty (50) people at the staff club is prohibited.
ii. BUSINESS CENTRES: Business/Computer Centres are allowed to operate minimally to provide essential services to staff and students.
iii. BANK CUSTOMERS: The Badagry gate of the University will be designated for bank customers who will be controlled and screened before being allowed access into the University.
Staff, students and the entire University Community are enjoined to abide by the above listed regulations put together in order that we have a healthy community devoid of the novel COVID-19 virus.
Security personnel will also be of continuous surveillance in order to identify violators of laid down rules and regulations.
We are LASU, we are proud.
Below are some recommended Links for your reading consumption:
- List of Best Graduated Students With Great CGPA in 2018/2019 Academic Session
- How to Save More Money As a Student
- I was so serious men didn’t bother asking me out — Gomina IBBU Overall Best Student
- The Struggles of Lecture Hall and How to Excel [Must Read]
- Some Profitable Businesses To Run On Campus As a Student
- FUTA First Class Student, popularly called ‘Zobo Girl’, tells her Success story
- 10 Tips to Study Late at Night without Sleeping
- Very Important Computer Shortcuts you Ought to Know
- 25 Etiquette (Good Behaviour) You Should Never Forget
- 10 Secrets to Making Straight A’s in Higher Institution
- Mistakes Students should never Make in Universities & Polytechnics
Thank you so much for reading this article, we really do appreciate. We hope you loved it, if you did, please share this page with your friends via the share buttons below. Sharing is caring.