Today 6th January 2019, there was Stampede in Lagos State University (LASU) during GNS Examination. The school management have released a PRESS RELEASE to express their STAND. Read what they have to say below.
This page will show you Lagos State University’s Position on the 6th January 2020 Stampede which happened during the GNS examination.
Below is the PRESS RELEASE on the aforementioned topic:
On the unfortunate incidence of a stampede involving some 100 Level students of the Lagos State University, which occurred as they wrote the GNS 102 examination on Monday, 6th January, 2020, the University wishes to state as follows, that:
- 100 Level Students were scheduled to write the GNS 102 Examination on Monday 6th and Tuesday, 7th January 2020, between 8am- 2pm daily;
- The students were scheduled to write the exam in batches, each batch spending an hour in the CBT hall; the arrangement would have seen the students write in six (6) batches on the first day;
- Anxious to be among the earlier set, quite a number of the students attempted to force their way into the 500 seat CBT Centre in defiance of the efforts of the Security Team to maintain order;
- That resulted in a stampede that caused some of them to faint while a few others sustained minor injuries;
- The affected students were promptly rushed to the University Health Centre and the Igando General Hospital for proper treatment. Only one of the injured is still being treated at the General Hospital.
- The GNS examination has now been rescheduled to take place on Wednesday, 8th and Thursday 9th January, 2020 at the CBT Centre and the Language Laboratory, Faculty of Arts, Main Campus, Ojo. Each student will also be allotted specific time to appear and sit for the examination;
- The University regrets the unfortunate incidence and is determined to put measures in place to avoid a recurrence in future.
The above PRESS RELEASE was signed by Ademola Adekoya, Coordinator, Centre for Information Press and Public Relations, Lagos State University.
Thank you so much for reading this article, we really do appreciate. We hope you loved it, if you did, please share this page with your friends via the share buttons below. Sharing is caring.