Grab this Great Opportunity: Apply for iLearn Scholarship, an India Government Scholarship for Africans. Hurry Now, Registration Ends Soon!

Don't waste your time at home: Gain 200Level admission into any university and course of your choice, through IJMB program. For more details, Call or WhatsApp 08032713621

STUDY ABROAD: Live, Work, and STUDY in Canada or any other country abroad with no stress. No payment until your visa is approved. CLICK HERE for more details or WhatsApp 09019196619

“Most tech billionaires graduated from great schools. Don’t encourage people to drop out of school because Bill Gates did” – Lawmaker

Nigerian Lawmaker, Author, and Entrepreneur, Akin Alabi, has admonished people who advise people to drop out of school because Bill Gates did.

According to Akin, Most tech billionaires actually graduated from great schools.

Akin in a tweet wrote: “You see those motivational speakers that tell you school is not important, that education is more important than school, that in this day and age it’s all about tech and coding, that Bill Gates dropped out blah blah blah. Go and find out. They send their kids to great schools.”

In another tweet, he wrote:

”Over half of Billion Dollar tech companies founders have a minimum of masters degrees. Don’t encourage people to drop out school because Bill Gates and Elon Musk did. Let me tell you something.

“Elon Musk dropped out of PhD not JS2. Bill Gates was a rich kid with a mother on the board of IBM. Be comparing that with yourself.

“Go to school, send your children to school. It’s the best bet for the average person to succeed. Of course, you can develop yourself in other areas.”

Oloye Akin Alabi is a Nigerian politician, entrepreneur, author, and philanthropist. He is the author of the best-selling business and marketing books, Small Business Big Money and How To Sell To Nigerians. He is the founder of NairaBET.com, Nigeria’s first sports betting company. 

READ ALSO: “Dear Youths, If you Graduate do not Leave your Parents’ House Immediately” – Reno Omokri Advises Youths

Some reactions to the advice that caught our attention:

Olalekan wrote: “What I kept telling people. If you claim someone is successful without going to school, so why are their kids in the best of schools? Most especially as a Nigerian, education is very very important. Most misplaced the priority of education for success.”

Aremu wrote: “Those guys that dropped out most did so from Ivy league institutions with fantastic foundations, no be Federal Poly Ilaro drop out.”

Adia wrote: “I totally agree, they just preach what they don’t do, crazy stuff. Well for me I don’t think university is necessary, dropping out of school has been one of my best decisions. I was just wasting my time knowing I’m going to do nothing with this stupid certificate”

Thank you so much for reading this article, we really do appreciate. We hope you loved it, if you did, please share this page with your friends via the share buttons below. Sharing is caring.

Subscribe
Notify of
guest
0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
0
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
Share via
Copy link