2021 NHEF Scholars Programme for Nigerian Undergraduates is still on. The deadline to apply is 28th May 2021. See how to apply and other details below.
The Nigeria Higher Education Foundation (NHEF) is pleased to announce its 6th Annual Scholarship Essay Competition.
STAY UPDATED: If you want use to send you your school's latest update on WhatsApp. Then CLICK HERE to join our WhatsApp Update Group Now.
This year’s competition aims to provide a platform that encourages Nigerian university students to think critically and strategically on topical issues that are of vital importance to Nigeria’s sustainable growth and development.
In light of the COVID-19 Pandemic, the focus of this edition of the competition is “The Role of Digital Technology in the Nigerian Higher Education System.”
We encourage motivated students from all NHEF Partner Universities to apply and look forward to receiving your entries.
RECOMMENDED: NNPC / Shell / NOAC JV University Scholarship.
The COVID-19 pandemic has dismantled global conventions and most notably impacted the activities of higher education institutions. Adapting to a new stay-at-home landscape, global education systems have responded with digitally innovative methods of teaching and learning that will redefine the future of classroom training.
Using relevant examples, critically analyze the role of digital technology in transitioning higher education in Nigeria to a post-pandemic system.
- The Grand Prize winner will be awarded ₦100,000, a new laptop, 1 online certificate course*, a 1-year internet subscription** and 1 year of university tuition.
- The First Runner-up will be awarded ₦75,000, a 1-year internet subscription** and 1 year of university tuition.
- The Second Runner-up will be awarded ₦50,000, a 1-year internet subscription** and 1 year of university tuition.
*The online certificate course may not exceed $100 on Udemy, Coursera, Alison or EDX.
**1-year internet subscription estimated at 24Gb on the winner’s preferred mobile network.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR NHEF ESSAY COMPETITION
- This competition is only open to students enrolled at NHEF Partner Universities. NHEF will verify the enrolment of each contestant with the University Registrar.
- NHEF Partner Universities include Ahmadu Bello University, Bayero University, Kano, Kwara State University, University of Ibadan, University of Lagos, University of Nigeria, Nsukka and University of Port Harcourt.
- Previous NHEF Essay Competition & Scholars Program beneficiaries are not eligible to participate in this competition.
Essays must abide by the following guidelines prior to submission:
- Entries should reflect author’s ability to explore and discuss ideas / ethical concepts and demonstrate the conduct of research with a sufficiently detailed summary.
- Only one entry may be submitted per student.
- The essay must include a title page, a bibliography, and a scanned copy of the contestant’s current Student ID.
- The student’s name, university, and registration ID# must appear in the header of each page.
- The essay must not exceed 2000 words. It must be double-spaced, 12pt Times New Roman font, and contain numbered pages with one-inch margins excluding the bibliography and title page.
- References in the essay should be included and clearly identified.
- Naming convention is as follows: 2021 NHEF Essay Competition – Name of Applicant e.g., 2021 NHEF Essay Competition – Adekunle Ciroma Ahmed.
- Entries must be submitted in PDF format.
- All entries must be submitted via e-mail to email@example.com by 11:59 p.m. (WAT) on May 28, 2021.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Scholarship and Award prizes will be automatically revoked if the student does not attend an eligible NHEF Partner University. Winners will be announced online and via social media channels (NHEF Facebook account, NHEF Instagram account, NHEF Twitter account, and NHEF Website). Winners will be contacted using information provided during application submission. The NHEF will make reasonable attempts to contact winners following official announcements – failure to claim prizes within 30 days of announcement date and/or unsatisfactory academic standing/academic probation will result in immediate forfeiture.
Submitted essays will become the property of the NHEF. The NHEF may reprint the essays in its mediums and publications. Appropriate citations will be given to all authors.
About NHEF Scholars Programme
The NHEF is in partnership with prestigious companies and organizations across a broad range of industries in Nigeria. Our key industries are Financial Services, Consulting, Law, Technology and Engineering.
NHEF aim to broaden the scope of our industry tracks over time. We believe our partnerships with these firms will offer invaluable exposure to our scholars.
Each year, the Nigeria Higher Education Foundation identifies talented young Nigerians from our various Partner Universities that have demonstrated strong academic excellence and well-roundedness in both professional and extracurricular pursuits and provides them with intensive career training and skill-building exercises needed to aid them in long term career development.
In order to qualify as an NHEF Scholar, each candidate must possess strong commitment to Leadership, Community Service, Philanthropy as well as making a lasting impact across the globe. Eligible applicants are penultimate students at our Partner universities i.e 300 Level
students studying a 4 years course or 400-level students studying a 5 years course.
NHEF Partner Universities
- University of Lagos (UNILAG)
- University of Ibadan (UI)
- Bayero University, Kano (BUK)
- Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria (ABU)
- University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN)
- University of Port Harcourt (UNIPORT)
- Kwara State University (KWASU)
The Scholars Program is an early career accelerating program that provides diverse opportunities to the selected Scholars from our various Partner Universities.
Each Scholar goes through a weeklong orientation program that exposes them to career development trainings that play a pivotal role in facilitating an easy transition into the global workforce.
During The NHEF scholarship Program, each scholar undergoes intensive training by a thoroughly selected group of international facilitators and the Scholars then proceed to take up internship placements at our Partner Firms which typically last between 6 – 8 weeks.
They also go through a robust curriculum that ensures their personal and professional development is continuous.
We advise eligible applicants to apply early as application closes on 28th May 2021 by 11:59 PM WAT.
Brought to you by AllSchool
Thank you so much for reading. We will appreciate it if you share this with your loved ones.