The National Universities Commission (NUC) Approves New Courses For Gombe State University
The Vice-Chancellor is please invited to recall that a resource verification visit was carried out by panels of experts to some proposed academic programmes in Gombe State University, Gombe with a view to assessing the human and material resources available for their establishment.
STAY UPDATED: If you want use to send you your school's latest update on WhatsApp. Then CLICK HERE to join our WhatsApp Update Group Now.
I am directed to inform the Vice-Chancellor that the Executive Secretary has considered and approved the establishment of the following undergraduate and postgraduate programmes, to be run in the Main Campus of the University with effect from the 2023/2024 academic session:
- B.Sc. Peace and Conflict Resolution Relations
- B.Sc. International
- B.Sc. Banking and Finance
- Master of Accounting
- B.LIS. Library and Information Science B.Ed. Educational Administration and Planning
- B.Sc. Biotechnology
- B.Sc. Environmental Chemistry and Toxicology
- B.Sc. Industrial Chemistry
- M.Sc. Analytical and Environmental Chemistry
- B.N.Sc. Nursing Science
- B.Sc. Human Nutrition and Dietetics
- B.Sc. Public Health
- B.Sc. Pharmacology
- Pharm. D. Doctor of Pharmacy
- PGD, M.Sc and Ph.D. Mathematics
- PGD and M.Sc. Health Economics
- Professional Master in Development Economics
- PGD, Islamic Studies
- Professional Masters in Islamic Banking and Finance
- PGD. Christian Religious and Theological Studies
- Master of Criminology and Security Studies
- PGD. Microbiology
- PGD., M.Sc. and Ph.D. Statistics
- Master of Management Information Systems
- PGD., M.Sc. and Ph.D. Human Anatomy
- PGD., M.Sc. and Ph.D. Human Physiology
- M.Sc. and Ph.D. Clinical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases
- Professional Master in Pastoral Care and Counselling
- Professional Master in Religious Peace and Ecumenical Studies
- M.Sc. and PhD Human Reproduction
However, approval was not granted for the B.Sc. (Ed) Accounting programme, due to the non-availability of the BMAS and the University does not have the programme as a teaching subject The University is advised to apply for the B.Sc. Business Education programme instead.
The University is advised to domicile the B.Sc. Nutrition and Dietetics programme in the Faculty of Basic Medical Sciences.
I am to add that the approval does not cover the part-time mode of delivery of the undergraduate programmes.
All programmes shall bear only the approved title and nomenclature and any change will require the approval of the Commission. The University is enjoined to provide adequate human and material resources for the development and growth of the approved programmes.
Please, accept the assurance of the Executive Secretary’s highest regards.
Dr. N. B. Saliu
Director of Academic Planning For: Executive Secretary.
- Check All Latest Schools Gist
- How to Save More Money As a Student
- The Struggles of Lecture Hall and How to Excel [Must Read]
- Some Profitable Businesses To Run On Campus As a Student
- 10 Tips to Study Late at Night without Sleeping
- 25 Etiquette (Good Behaviour) You Should Never Forget
- 10 Secrets to Making Straight A’s in Higher Institution
- Mistakes Students should never Make in Tertiary Institutions
Thank you so much for reading. We will appreciate it if you share this with your loved ones.