Olabisi Onabanjo University, OOU introduces work studies to curb rising cases of dropouts among its citizens.
To curb the rate of school dropouts in the university, the management of the Olabisi Onabanjo University (OOU), Ago Iwoye, Ogun state, has announced plans to introduce work studies that would enable students to work and make a living while also attending classes on the side.
STAY UPDATED: If you want use to send you your school's latest update on WhatsApp. Then CLICK HERE to join our WhatsApp Update Group Now.
The institution’s Vice Chancellor, Professor Ayodeji Agboola, made the disclosure at a news conference that ushered in the 40th-anniversary celebration of the institution.
According to Ayidedi, the rate at which students were dropping out of school prompted the university management to conduct a SWOT (Strength, Weakness, Opportunity, and Threat) analysis and it was discovered that the major problem was funding.
Hence the school has concluded plans to allow students to work on a part-time basis and get an education on the side. Also, a provision has been made to fund 500 students to assist them to tackle their immediate financial needs.
- Check Out Trending Schools Gist
- List Of Schools Whose Post UTME Forms are on Sale
- Top 5 Must-Have for Freshers in Any Nigerian Higher Institution
- 15 Types of Roommates You Will Find in School
- 5 Reasons Most Students Are Not Offered Admission Despite High Post-utme Score
- Jamb Alternatives: 5 Best Ways To Gain Admission Into A University Without JAMB
- Ten Things Every Jambite Must Know Before Entering The University
- 10 Secrets to Making Straight A’s in Varsity of Poly
- Mistakes Students should never Make in Tertiary Institutions
Thank you so much for reading. We will appreciate it if you share this with your loved ones.