JAMB Subject Combination for Home Science and Management and Its O’level and Direct Entry Requirement.
Do you want to study Home Science and Management as a course in any Nigerian University?? Then Allschool have got you covered…..
In this page we are going to show you the UTME subject combination, O’level & Direct Entry (DE) requirement for Home Science and Management in Faculty/College of Agriculture. We will also show you the special consideration (waiver) for the course.
The UTME and Direct requirement below was lifted from JAMB Official Brochure. It is the Accurate and Official version for the above course.
In JAMB, what is the meaning of Special Consideration (Waiver)??
It means, additional requirement for a particular course in a particular school. If your school have a special consideration for either O’level Requirement, UTME Subject Combination or Direct Entry Requirement, then please take note of it.
Note sometimes in special consideration column, the school requirement might be slight different from the general requirement. We advice you know your desired school’s special consideration for your course. ITS NECESSARY else you might be denied admission.
UTME/JAMB SUBJECT COMBINATION FOR HOME SCIENCE AND MANAGEMENT
Below is the UTME/JAMB SUBJECT COMBINATION for Home Science and Management in faculty of Agriculture/Vet. medicine;
- English Language(*), Chemistry, Biology or Agriculture and Mathematics or Physics.
- Chemistry, Biology/Agricultural Science and Physics/ Mathematics or one (1) social science subject (Economics or Geography).
- MAKURDI requires Chemistry, Biology or Agricultural Science, Mathematics or Physics.
- FUNAAB requires Chemistry, Biology and Physics/Mathematics.
- UNN requires Chemistry, Biology/Agricultural Science, and one (1) of Physics/Mathematics, Economics or Geography.
UTME/O’level REQUIREMENT FOR HOME SCIENCE AND MANAGEMENT
Below is the UTME Requirement for Home Science and Management in faculty of Agriculture/Vet. medicine;
- Five (5) SSC credit passes including Chemistry, Biology/Agricultural Science, Mathematics and at least ‘O’ level pass in English Language and Physics. General Metal Work, General Wood Work, Building/Engineering Drawing, Furniture Design and Construction, Upholstery Design and Construction, Spray Painting and Period Furniture, Spinning, Weaving, Surface Design and Printing, Bleaching, Dyeing and Finishing and Basic Electricity.
- UNN In addition to the UTME requirements, requires ‘O’ Level credit passes in Chemistry, Biology or Food and Nutrition or Agricultural Science.
- FUNAAB requires five (5) SSC credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, Biology and Physics.
- MAKURDI requires five (5) SSC credit passes at not more than two (2) sittings, categorized as follows:
(a) two (2) ‘O’ Level credit passes in Chemistry and Biology or Agricultural Science or Health Science.
(b) three (3) ‘O’ Level credit passes in Geography, Physics, Mathematics, Food & Nutrition, Home Management, Clothing and Textiles and English Language. The successful students of the University Remedial science programme shall be considered for admission to year one (1) 100 level with the UTME.
- RSUST requires five (5) ‘O’ Level credit passes to include English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, Biology or Agric Science and any other subject.
- KSU requires credit passes at SSC in English Language, Chemistry, Biology or Agricultural Science, Mathematics, Nutrition/Home Economics and at least ‘O’ Level pass in Physics.
DIRECT ENTRY REQUIREMENT FOR HOME SCIENCE AND MANAGEMENT
Below is the DIRECT ENTRY (DE) Requirement for Home Science and Management in faculty of Agricultural/Vet. Medicine;
You require; Two (2) ‘A’ level passes or equivalents in Chemistry and Biology/Botany Agricultural Science/Economics/Physics/Mathematics/Geography/Accounting.
- FUNAAB accepts upper credit in NCE and ND in Food Science and Technology, Home Economics, Hotel Management and Tourism, Clothing and Textile from a recognised institution in addition to the UTME requirements.
- OOU accepts candidates not less than thirty-five (35) years old with at least ten (10) years cognate working experience plus ND or HND in relevant programs and ‘O’ Level English Language and Mathematics after a successful oral interview.
- UNN – As in Agricultural Economics.
- MAKURDI accepts:
(a)`A’ Level passes in Chemistry, Physics, Biology and Mathematics.
(b) HND upper credit in relevant programs plus the UTME requirements to 300 level.
(c) ND upper credit in relevant programs plus the UTME requirements to 200 level.
(d) NCE lower credit in relevant subjects plus the UTME requirements to 100/200 level.
(e) NCE merit in relevant subjects plus UTME requirements to 100 level (Food Science or Hotel Management or any relevant course).
- RSUST- Same as in Food Science and Technology.
LIST OF UNIVERSITIES THAT OFFER HOME SCIENCE AND
HOME SCIENCE, NUTRITION AND DIETETICS
Source: JAMB Brochure.
Thank you so much for reading this article, we really do appreciate. We hope you loved it, if you did, please share this page with your friends via the share buttons below. Sharing is caring.