ACCURATE UTME/DE Requirement, JAMB Subject Combination for Library & Information Science in Faculty of Education.
Do you want to study Library and Information Science as a course/programme in any Nigerian University?? Then Allschool have got you covered…..
In this page we are going to show you the UTME subject combination, O’level & Direct Entry (DE) requirement for Library and Information Science in Faculty of Education. We will also show you the special consideration (waiver) for the course.
The UTME and Direct requirement below was lifted from JAMB Official Brochure. It is the Accurate and Official version for the above course.
Please note; some universities might offer this course in a different faculty and will have a different requirement. Kindly click the appropriate link below to know the subject combination for library and information science in other faculties.
In JAMB, what is the meaning of Special Consideration (Waiver)??
It means, additional requirement for a particular course in a particular school. If your school have a special consideration for either O’level Requirement, UTME Subject Combination or Direct Entry Requirement, then please take note of it.
Note sometimes in special consideration column, the school requirement might be slight different from the general requirement. We advice you know your desired school’s special consideration for your course. ITS NECESSARY else you might be denied admission.
Also Note: If you want to know if your dream university offer the above course, then CLICK HERE (thereafter, click on your aspiring university to see if the above course is listed among the courses offered).
JAMB SUBJECT COMBINATION
In UTME, please note that English Language is Compulsory for this course. Therefore, the three (3) other JAMB UTME subject combination needed to study Library and Information Science under the Faculty of Education; Any three subjects.
SPECIAL CONSIDERATION (WAIVER)
- LAPAI requires Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry/Biology
- BAUCHI requires Mathematics, one (1) Science and one (1) Commercial Subject.
- UMUDIKE requires any three (3) from Social Sciences, Business and Sciences.
- DELSU accepts any three (3) subjects
- UMYUK accepts any three (3) subjects.
- IAUED requires English Language and any three (3) from Biology, Agricultural Science, Chemistry, Literature in English Language, Economics, Government, CRS.
- ABU requires Use of English and any other three subjects.
- FED-DUTSINMA requires English Language and any other three subjects of Arts, Social Sciences or Science subjects
O’Level (UTME) Requirements
The O’level subject combination and requirements needed to study Library and Information Science;
You require; Five SSCE credit passes in English Language, Mathematics and three other relevant Arts/Science/Social Science subjects.
SPECIAL CONSIDERATION (WAIVER)
- UNIZIK accepts five (5) TC II merit including English Language and a pass in Mathematics.
- IBADAN – Same as in Guidance and Counseling.
- UMYUK requires five (5) ‘O’ Level credit passes at SSC or its equivalent in English Language, Mathematics and three (3) other subjects obtained at not more than two (2) sittings..
- TASUED requires five (5) ‘O’ Level credit passes at one (1) sitting or six (6) ‘O’ Level credit passes at two (2) sittings.
- UNIOSUN same as in Vocational and Technical Education.
- UNN requires UTME requirements with five (5) ‘O’ Level credit passes, including the subject to be combined with Library and Information Science. The following additional requirements apply to particular combinations.
(a) O’ level credit pass in Mathematics for Library and Information Science/Physics and Library and Information Science/Economics.
(b) O’ level credit pass in Mathematics/Physics for Library and Information Science/ Chemistry.
(c) O’ level pass in Mathematics for those combining Library and Information Science with Botany, Geography/Physics, Political Science or Zoology.
(d) O’ level credit pass in English Language for those combining Library and Information Science with French, History or Political Science.
(e) O’ level credit pass in Literature in English for Library and Information Science/English.
- ABSU requires five (5) ‘O’ Level credit passes to include English Language, four (4) other subjects and ‘O’ Level pass in Mathematics.
- MINNA requires ‘O’ Level credit pass in Physics and any other Science or Social Science subject.
- KSU accepts ‘O’ Level pass in Mathematics and ‘O’ Level credit passes in four (4) other relevant subjects including English Language.
- BENIN accepts five (5) ‘O’ Level credit passes at not more than two (2) sittings.
- JOS requires five (5) ‘O’ Level credit passes at not more than two (2) sittings including English Language. It accepts ‘O’ Level pass in Mathematics.
- BAUCHI accepts English Language, Mathematics to form the core course with ‘O’ Levelcredit passes in two (2) Science Subjects: Biology, Chemistry, Physics and ICT and one (1) O’ levelcredit pass in Economics, Commerce, Business Method and Financial Accounting.
- DELSU requires five (5) credits passes which must include English Language and Mathematics at not more than two (2) sitting.
- LCITY requires five (5) ‘O’ Level credit passes at SSC or its equivalent to include English Language, and any other fur (4) subjects.
- IAUED requires five (5) ‘O’ Level credit passes including English Language and Mathematics, one Science subject and any other two subjects at not more than two (2) sittings.
- ABU accepts Five “O” Level credits passes including English Language & Mathematics and any three (3) Subjects. OR TC II Certificate with credit/merit in at least five subjects including English Language and at least a pass in Mathematics.
- FED-DUTSINMA requires Five ‘O’ level Credits to include English Language, Mathematics and any three of Arts, Social Sciences or Science subjects.
Direct Entry Requirements
Direct Entry Candidates require;
- Two A’ level passes in relevant subject plus UTME requirements.
- NCE (merit) in relevant subjects.
SPECIAL CONSIDERATION (WAIVER)
- UNIZIK requires one (1) of the ‘A’ Level or NCE subject to be combined with Library Science.
- BAYERO accept NCE merit provided such candidates have two (2) years working experience.
- MAIDUGURI accepts NCE/ND/HND in related studies.
- COOU accepts NCE credit
- IBADAN requires a pass in ‘O’ Level Mathematics.
- UMYUK accepts candidates with a minimum of 9 points in IJMB/HSC/GCE ‘A’ Level/NCE. Candidates with a minimum of lower credit pass in Diploma/HND in Library and Information Science from recognized institutions may also be admitted.
- UNN accepts DE candidates who hold one (1) of the following:
(a) NCE merit in Library and Information Science or the subject being combined with Library and Information Sciences.
(b) HSC/ ‘A’ Level in two (2) subjects, including that to be combined with Library and Information Science.
- MAUTY requires
(a) two (2)’A’ Level passes in relevant subjects.
(b) NCE merit in relevant subjects.
- UNIOSUN same as in Vocational and Technical Education
- BENIN accepts
a. Two (2) passes in relevant subjects at ‘A’ Level with ‘O’ Level credit passes in three (3) other subjects at not more than two (2) sittings.
b. Three (3) passes in relevant subjects at ‘A’ Level with ‘O’ Level credit passes in two (2) other subjects at not more than two (2) sittings.
c. NCE merit in two (2) major subjects with ‘O’ Level credit passes or its equivalent in three (3) other subjects.
- BAUCHI accepts IJMB/’A’ Level passes/’O’ Level credit passes in any three(3) of the following subjects: Any two (2) of Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics, Economics, Commerce, Accounting, ICT and Business Management (ND) with lower credit in Library and Information Science from a recognised Polytechnic, and NCE in Science subjects with minor in Library Science at lower credit or merit. The candidate must also have the five (5) ‘O’ Level requirements in English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, Biology or Agricultural Science and one (1) credit in Economics, Commerce, Accounting, ICT and Business Management.
- IAUED requires 5 0′ Level credits including English and Mathematics plus Diploma in Library Science or 2 credit passes at Advanced level or NCE in Library Science.
- FED-DUTSINMA accepts Two ‘A’ level passes in relevant area or from Arts and Social Science subjects. ND/NCE not below lower credit or nine (9) points in the relevant area from a recognized institution.
- ABU accepts “A” Level / IJMB passes in at least two subjects. ABU Diploma in Library & Information Science (with at least Merit Grade).NCE with minimum of Merit Grade in two subjects including Education
- DELSU requires;
a) DELSU Diploma in Library Science with at least merit pass.
b) ND in Library and Information Science from any recognized Polytechnic in upper credit.
LIST OF UNIVERSITIES YOU CAN STUDY LIBRARY AND INFORMATION SCIENCE
- FED-OYE EKITI
A. (with Science Combinations)
(Botany, Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics, Zoology)
B. (with Social Science)
Economics, Geography/Physics and Political Science
C. (with Arts Combinations)
English Language, French, History
(with any teaching subject.)
LIBRARY AND INFORMATION STUDIES
LIBRARY AND INFORMATION MANAGEMENT
INFORMATION RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
Source: JAMB Brochure.
Thank you so much for reading this article, we really do appreciate. We hope you loved it, if you did, please share this page with your friends via the share buttons below. Sharing is caring.