JAMB Subject Combination for Forestry and Wildlife and Its O’level and Direct Entry Requirement.
Do you want to study Forestry and Wildlife as a course in any Nigerian University?? Then Allschool have got you covered…..
In this page we are going to show you the UTME subject combination, O’level & Direct Entry (DE) requirement for Forestry and Wildlife in Faculty/College of Agriculture. We will also show you the special consideration (waiver) for the course.
The UTME and Direct requirement below was lifted from JAMB Official Brochure. It is the Accurate and Official version for the above course.
In JAMB, what is the meaning of Special Consideration (Waiver)??
It means, additional requirement for a particular course in a particular school. If your school have a special consideration for either O’level Requirement, UTME Subject Combination or Direct Entry Requirement, then please take note of it.
Note sometimes in special consideration column, the school requirement might be slight different from the general requirement. We advice you know your desired school’s special consideration for your course. ITS NECESSARY else you might be denied admission.
UTME/JAMB SUBJECT COMBINATION FOR FORESTRY AND WILDLIFE
Below is the UTME/JAMB SUBJECT COMBINATION for Forestry and Wildlife in faculty of Agriculture/Vet. medicine;
- English Language(*), Chemistry, Biology/Agriculture and Physics or Mathematics.
- UMUDIKE, LAPAI, IBADAN and UDU as in Agriculture.
- EKSU as in Agricultural Economics and Extension.
- ILORIN requires Chemistry, Physics/ Mathematics and Biology/Agricultural Science. ILORIN accepts Geography in lieu of Physics or Mathematics.
- MAKURDI requires Chemistry, Biology and any other subject from Physics, Geography, Economics etc.
- OOU requires Chemistry and any two (2) of Physics, Mathematics, Biology, Agricultural Science and Geography.
- MAUTY requires Biology/Agric. Sc. and any other two of Chemistry, Physics, Geography, Economics and Mathematics.
- FED-DUTSINMA requires Chemistry, Biology/Agricultural Science and Mathematics/Physics.
- FED-GASHUA accepts Chemistry, Biology/Agric Science and any one of Physics or Mathematics.
- FUTA requires Chemistry, Biology/Agricultural Science and Mathematics/Economics.
- FUTO requires Chemistry, and any two (2) of Biology/Agricultural Science, Mathematics and Physics.
- FED-WUKARI requires Chemistry, Mathematics/ Physics/ Geography, Biology/Agricultural Science.
- ABU accepts Chemistry, Biology and any other Science Subject.
- PHC requires Chemistry, Biology/Agricultural Science and any one of Physics or Mathematics or Geography or Economics.
UTME/O’level REQUIREMENT FOR FORESTRY AND WILDLIFE
Below is the UTME Requirement for Forestry and Wildlife in faculty of Agriculture/Vet. medicine;
- Five (5) SSC credit passes in English, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biology and one of Physics, Economics, Further Mathematics and Statistics.
- CALABAR and IBADAN requires five (5) ‘O’ Level credit passes at one (1) sitting or six (6) ‘O’ Level credit passes at two (2) sittings to include English Language, Biology/Agricultural Science, Chemistry, Mathematics and any one (1) of Geography, Physics and Economics.
- UMUDIKE and LAPAI – as in Agriculture.
- RSUST – accepts ‘O’ Level pass in English Language for candidates with five (5) ‘O’ Level credit passes which include Mathematics and Physics.
- RSUST requires at least ‘O’ level pass in Physics.
- BENIN and DELSU – As in Agricultural Economics.
- EBSU – As in Landscape Management.
- CRUTECH – Same as Animal Science and Fisheries
- FUNAAB as in Agricultural Extension and Rural Development.
- MAKURDI requires a minimum of five(5) `O’ Level credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, Biology/Agricultural Science and any of Physics, Geography, Economics and Statistics. ‘O’ Level credit pass in Physics can be substituted for Mathematics and vice versa. However, the candidate is expected to have a minimum of ‘O’ Level pass in the other subject to benefit from the waiver.
- ILORIN accepts Agricultural Science in lieu of Biology.
- ABU requires five (5) ‘O’ level credit passes including English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics, Biology or Agricultural Science.
- MAUTY requires Five (5) O’Level credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Biology/Agricultural Science, Chemistry, and any one from Physics/Geography/Economics/Woodwork/Tourism.
- FED-DUTSINMA requires five (5) SSC credit passes in English Language, Chemistry, Biology/Agric Science, Mathematics and Physics/Geography/Economics.
- FED-GASHUA requires five (5) SSC Credit passes to include: English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, Biology/Agric Science and Physics.
- PHC requires Five (5) SSC credit passes to include English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, Biology/Agricultural Science and any one of Physics, Geography and Economics.
- FUTA requires five (5) SSC credit passes or its equivalent at maximum of two (2) sittings in the following subjects: English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, Biology/Agricultural Science/Animal Husbandry, Economics/Geography/any relevant Science subject. At least a pass in Physics is required.
- FUTO requires at least five (5) ‘O’ Level Credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, Biology/Agricultural Science and any other subject, in not more than two (2) sittings. At least a Pass is required in Physics.
- FED-WUKARI Five (5) Credits at not more than two sittings including English Language and Mathematics from the following subjects: Chemistry, Biology/Agric. Science, Physics/Geography/, Animal Husbandry/Fisheries or Forestry and obtained at SSCE, GCE O’ Level, NECO, NABTEB, or its equivalent.
DIRECT ENTRY REQUIREMENT FOR FORESTRY AND WILDLIFE
Below is the DIRECT ENTRY (DE) Requirement for Forestry and Wildlife in faculty of Agricultural/Vet. Medicine;
You require: Two (2) ’A’ level passes in Chemistry and Biology or Agric Science or Zoology or Botany.
- CALABAR accepts NCE/ND and HND in Agriculture, Forestry, Wildlife, or Fisheries Management from recognised institutions.
- MAKURDI accepts:
- Two (2) ‘A’ Level passes in any of Chemistry, Biology, Geography, Mathematics, Agric. Science, Geology, Physics, Economics.
- NCE Agriculture, ND/HND Forestry, Agriculture and any other Biological Science (Zoology and Botany). HND candidates may be admitted for 300 level while ND/NCE candidates for 200 level.
- RSUST – Same as Animal Science.
- IBADAN accepts ND in Forestry provided the ‘O’ Level requirements are met.
- BENIN and MAUTY – Same as in Agricultural Economics.
- UYO – As in Agricultural Economics and Extension.
- MAUTY accepts Two `A’ Level credit passes in Chemistry and one of Biology/Agric. Science. OND/HND in Agric.Sc./Forestry /Wildlife Mgt. or any other relevant field with a minimum of lower credit. IJMB minimum of 7 points in Biology/Agric. Sci., Chemistry/Economics/ Physics.
- UDU accepts:
(a) NCE Agriculture or ND credit in Agriculture/Forestry.
(b) HND Agriculture or Forestry may be admitted into 300 level.
- LAPAI and UMUDIKE same as in Agriculture.
- MAIDUGURI as in Fisheries
- IMSU accepts ND/NCE Double Major and HND in Agriculture.
- CALABAR requires two (2) ‘A’ Level passes in Chemistry and Biology or Agriculture
- BENIN as in Agricultural Economics.
- FUNAAB as in Agricultural Extension and Rural Development.
- KSUSTA – Same as in Fisheries.
- ABU accepts:
a) two (2) ‘A’ level / IJMB Passes in Chemistry and any of Biology, Botany, Zoology and Agricultural Science.
b) HND in Agriculture or related field of study with a minimum of Lower credit pass.
c) ND in Agriculture or related field of study with a minimum of Lower Credit/Merit pass.
- ILORIN accepts:
a) ND (Forestry/Wildlife) or related programs with minimum of lower credit from recognized institutions into 100 level.
b) HND (Forestry/Wildlife) or related programs with minimum of lower credit.
c) NCE Agriculture double major at credit level.
- FED-DUTSINMA requires two (2) ‘A’ Level passes in Chemistry and Biology/Botany/Agricultural Science/Zoology/Physics.
- FED-GASHUA accept OND/ND (Upper Credit), HND (Lower credit), NCE Merit pass in Agriculture, Forestry and Wildlife and other related field into 200 Level. It also accepts two (2) ‘A’ Level Passes in Chemistry and one from Biology/Zoology/ Agric Science, Economics, Physics, Geography and Geology/Mathematics (Pure & Applied).
- FUTO requires
a) At least two (2) A’ level passes not below Grade C in Chemistry and any one of Zoology, Botany, Agricultural Science, Biology, Mathematics, Physics and Economics.
b) OND/HND at Upper Credit in Life Sciences.
c) First Degree in Life Sciences.
d) Very good passes in three JUPEB subjects namely Chemistry and any two of Biology/ Agricultural Science, Mathematics and Physics. It does not accept NCE. Candidates must in addition meet the ‘O’ Level requirements.
- FED-WUKARI – Direct Entry Candidates must obtain two A/L passes in GCE/IJMB/Advanced NABTEB or a merit pass at NCE or at least Lower Credit in ND/HND in Food Science and Technology, Nutrition and Dietetics, Science Laboratory Technology, Agricultural/Chemical Engineering. Candidates must also obtain Five (5) Credits at O/L in GCE/GCE/NECO/NABTEB which must include English Language, Mathematics and Chemistry.
- PHC accepts Two (2) A/level GCE or HSC or JUPEB or IJMB passes in Agricultural Science and any one from Chemistry, Biology, Physics, and Economics including UTME entry requirements. OND (Upper Credit) in Agriculture from a recognized Institution including UTME entry requirements. HND with at least a (Lower Credit) from a recognised institution, including UTME entry requirements for a 3-year degree programme.Diploma in Agriculture from a recognised institution with minimum of Credit Pass, including UTME entry requirements.
- FUTA requires;
a) OND with a minimum of upper credit or HND or equivalent in Agriculture or any relevant area of specialisation from recognised institutions and have passed relevant subjects in the ND examinations at the upper credit level
b) GCE or equivalent passes at one sitting with a minimum of ‘C’ in any of the following: Biology, Chemistry, Economics and Mathematics.
LIST OF UNIVERSITIES YOU CAN STUDY FORESTRY AND WILDLIFE
(with options in
i. Social and Environmental Forestry
ii. Wild Life and Range Management
iii. Forest Production and Products.
FORESTRY / FOREST RESOURCES MANAGEMENT
- IBADAN has options in:
(i) Forestry and Resources Mgt.
(ii) Forestry and Wild-Life
(iii) Forestry and Range Mgt.
FORESTRY AND WILDLIFE TECHNOLOGY:
FORESTRY AND WILDLIFE MANAGEMENT:
FORESTRY AND ENVIRONMENTAL MGT.
with options in
a) Forestry and Wild life Mgt
c) Toxicology and Environmental Mgt.
FORESTRY AND ENVIRONMENTAL TECHNOLOGY AGRICULTURE AND RESOURCE ECONOMICS
Source: JAMB Brochure.
Thank you so much for reading this article, we really do appreciate. We hope you loved it, if you did, please share this page with your friends via the share buttons below. Sharing is caring.