unilorin postgraduate form 2020: University of Ilorin, UNILORIN Postgraduate Admission Form for 2020/2021 Academic Session is Out. The Form costs N25,000. Interested applicants must purchase the form on or before 10th July 2020. See available courses, how to apply and other vital information below.
We are pleased to inform the public especially postgraduate of University of Ilorin (UNILORIN) that the 2020/2021 academic session postgraduate admission form is out.
Applications are therefore invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into various Postgraduate degree programmes of the University.
Content in Post
Postgraduate Programmes Offered
- Ph.D. Degree Programmes
These are available to holders of M.A; M.Ed.; M.Eng.; M.Sc.; LL.M; M.Comm.H.; and M.P.H degrees, with a minimum of 60% or equivalent Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) score in their Master degree programmes. A Ph.D. degree programme runs for a minimum period of 36 calendar months and a maximum period of 60 calendar months for full-time candidates OR a minimum period of 48 calendar months and a maximum period of 72 calendar months for parttime candidates. Relevant Courses will be taken for the Ph.D. studies where prescribed and a Thesis is required at the end of the Ph.D. programme.
- M.Phil /Ph.D. Degree Programmes
Candidates who score between 55.00 and 59.99 percent can apply for admission into the Master of Philosophy (M.Phil./Ph.D.) degree programme. The M.Phil./Ph.D. degree programme is available only to full-time candidates. It runs for a minimum period of 12 calendar months and a maximum period of 24 calendar months and a Dissertation is produced after the research work. Candidates in this category are eligible for conversion to Ph.D. candidature, following a progress assessment report to be made by a Panel of Examiners at the end of the first session of registration. To be eligible for conversion to the Ph.D. program, candidates are expected to score not less than 60% (aggregate) at the end of the first session.
- Master Degree Programmes
M.A.; M.Ed.; M.Eng.; M.Sc.; LL.M and M.P.H. degrees run for a minimum period of 18 calendar months and a maximum period of 24 calendar months for full-time candidates OR a minimum period of 36 calendar months and a maximum period of 48 calendar months for part-time candidates. All Master Degree Programmes are by course work. This is in addition to a research report at the end of which a Dissertation is produced.
- Postgraduate Diploma Degree Programmes
Postgraduate Diploma degrees are available to candidates with a Third class (honours) degree
Details of Available Programmes
A. FACULTY OF AGRICULTURE
- Department of Agricultural Extension and Rural Development
- M.Sc.; M.Phil./Ph.D.; Ph.D. Agricultural Extension and Rural Development
- Department of Agronomy
- M.Sc.; Agronomy (with specialization in General Agronomy, Horticulture; Plant Breeding Genetics and Weed Science, Crop Physiology).
- M.Phil./Ph.D., Ph.D. Agronomy with specialization in General Agronomy, Horticulture and Weed Science.
- M.Sc.; Soil Science (with specialization in Soil Microbiology & Biochemistry, Soil Fertility and Chemistry, Soil and Water Management, Soil Survey and Land Use).
- M.Phil./Ph.D.; Ph.D. Soil Science (with specialization in Genetics, Soil Science, Pedology, Soil Survey and Land Use, Soil Microbiology and Biochemistry)
- Department of Crop Protection
- M.Sc.; Ph.D. Crop Protection (with specialization in Entomology; Plant -Pathology).
- Department of Animal Production
- Postgraduate Diploma in Animal Production
- M.Sc.; M.Phil./Ph.D.; Ph.D. Animal Production (with specialization in Animal Nutrition, Animal Breeding and Genetics, Animal Physiology, Monogastric Nutrition, Ruminant Nutrition, Animal Products and Processing and Toxicology).
- Department of Home Economics and Food Science
- Postgraduate Diploma in Food Science M.Sc., M.Phil./Ph.D.; Ph.D. Food Science M.Sc. Home Economics
B. FACULTY OF ARTS
- Department of Arabic
- M.A.; M.Phil./Ph.D.; Ph.D. Arabic Languages. M.A.; M.Phil./Ph.D.; Ph.D. Arabic Literature.
- Department of Linguistics and Nigerian Languages
- M.A.; M.Phil./Ph.D.; Ph.D. Linguistics;
- M.A.; M.Phil./Ph.D.; Ph.D. Applied Linguistics; M.A.; M.Phil./Ph.D.; Ph.D. Yoruba Language M.A.; M.Phil./Ph.D.; Ph.D. Yoruba Literature
- M.A. Translation Arts
- Department of The Performing Arts
- M.A.; M.Phil./Ph.D.; Ph.D. Performing Arts (with specialization in Drama; Music; Dance).
- Department of Religions
- M.A.; M.Phil./Ph.D.; Ph.D. Christian Studies.
- M.A.; M.Phil./Ph.D.; Ph.D. Comparative Religious Studies M.A.; M.Phil./Ph.D.; Ph.D. Islamic Studies
- Department of History and International Studies
- M.A.; M.Phil./Ph.D.; Ph.D. History and International Studies.
- Centre for Peace and Strategic Studies
- M.A.; Ph.D. Peace and Development Studies. (with specialization in Conflict Management and Peace Building, Security and Strategic Studies, Peace and Environmental Studies and Peace and Development Journalism)
- M.A. Peace and Security Studies;
- M.A. Peace and Strategic Studies. (Holders of first degree certificates with a minimum of Second class Lower divisions)
- Department of English
- M.A.; M.Phil./Ph.D.; Ph.D. English
- M.A.; M.Phil./Ph.D.; Ph.D. Literature-in-English
- Department of French
- M.A.; Ph.D. French Language
- M.A. Literature-in-French
C. FACULTY OF BASIC MEDICAL SCIENCES
- Department of Anatomy
- M.Sc.; M.Phil./Ph.D. Anatomy
- Department of Medical Microbiology & Parasitology
- M.Sc.; Ph.D. Medical Microbiology and Parasitology (with specialization in Bacteriology, Virology, Mycology, Parasitology)
- Department of Physiology
- M.Sc.; M.Phil./Ph.D.; Ph.D. Physiology (with specialization in Cardiovascular Physiology; Endocrinology and Metabolism; Membrane Physiology; Neurophysiology).
- Department of Pharmacology and Therapeutics
- M.Sc.; Ph.D. Pharmacology and Therapeutics.
D. FACULTY OF CLINICAL SCIENCES
- Department of Epidemiology and Community Health
- Master in Public Health (MPH)
- Department of Paediatrics and Child Health
- M.Sc.; Ph.D. Tropical Paediatrics
E. FACULTY OF COMMUNICATION AND INFORMATION SCIENCES
- Department of Computer Science
- Postgraduate Diploma in Computer Science (PGDCS).
- Department of Mass Communication
- M.Sc.; Ph.D. Mass Communication
F. FACULTY OF EDUCATION
- Department of Educational Technology
- Postgraduate Diploma in Educational Technology (PGDET). M.Ed.; M.Phil./Ph.D.; Ph.D.; Educational Technology.
- Department of Health Promotion and Environmental Health Education
- M.Ed.; M.Phil./Ph.D.; Ph.D. Health Education Master of Public Health Education
- Department of Science Education
- M.Ed.; Ph.D. Science Education
- M.Ed.; Ph.D. Mathematics Education
- Department of Social Sciences Education
- M.Ed., M.Phil./Ph.D. Sociology of Education
- M.Ed., M.Phil./Ph.D. Educational Measurement and Research Evaluation
- Department of Adult and Primary Education
- M.Ed., Ph.D. Childhood Education Studies
- Department of Counsellor Education
- M.Ed.; Ph.D. Educational Guidance and Counselling
- Department of Educational Management
- M.Ed.; Ph.D. Educational Management
G. FACULTY OF ENGINEERING AND TECHNOLOGY
- Department of Agricultural and Biosystems Engineering
- M.Eng.; M.Phil./Ph.D.; Ph.D. Agricultural and Biosystems Engineering (with specialization in Soil and Water Conservation, Irrigation and Drainage Engineering; Farm Power & Machinery Engineering, Aquacultural Engineering and Renewable Energy Engineering).
- Department of Chemical Engineering
- M.Eng.; M.Phil./Ph.D.; Ph.D. Chemical Engineering (with specialization in Polymer Engineering, Biochemical Engineering, Environmental Engineering and Process Engineering).
- Department of Civil Engineering
- M.Sc. Integrated Water Resources Management (IWRM).
- Department of Mechanical Engineering
- M.Eng.; M.Phil./Ph.D.; Ph.D. Mechanical Engineering
- Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- M.Eng. Electrical and Electronics Engineering (with specialization in Power & Machines and Electronics & Telecommunications).
- Ph.D. Electrical and Electronics Engineering (with specialization in Power & Machines and Electronics & Telecommunications).
H. FACULTY OF LAW
- Department of Common Law
- LL.M; M.Phil./Ph.D.; Ph.D. Common Law.
- Department of Islamic Law
- LL.M; M.Phil./Ph.D.; Ph.D. Islamic Law.
I. FACULTY OF LIFE SCIENCES
- Department of Microbiology
- M.Sc.; Microbiology (with specialization in Industrial Microbiology; Environmental Microbiology; Medical & Veterinary Microbiology Microbial Physiology).
- M.Phil./Ph.D.; Ph.D. Microbiology (with specialization in Industrial Microbiology; Environmental Microbiology; Medical & Veterinary Microbiology).
- Department of Zoology
- M.Sc. Zoology (with specialization in Cell Biology and Genetics, Entomology, Fisheries, Cell Biology, Genetics and Hydrobiology).
- M.Phil./Ph.D.; Ph.D. Zoology (with specialization in Entomology, Fisheries and Hydrobiology and Parasitology).
J. FACULTY OF MANAGEMENT SCIENCES
- Department of Finance
- M.Sc.; Ph.D. Accounting M.Sc.; Finance
- Department of Marketing
- M.Sc. Marketing
K. FACULTY OF PHARMACEUTICAL SCIENCES
- M.Sc. Clinical Pharmacy and Pharmacy Practice
- M.Sc. Pharmaceutical and Medicinal Chemistry
- M.Sc. Pharmaceutics and industrial Pharmacy
- M.Sc. Pharmacology and Toxicology
L. FACULTY OF PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- Department of Mathematics
- M.Sc., M.Phil./Ph.D.; (with specialization in Optimization; Fluid Mechanics; Analytical Dynamics and Numerical Analysis).
- Ph.D. Mathematics (with specialization in Optimization; Fluid Mechanics; Analytical and Dynamics).
- Department of Chemistry
- Postgraduate Diploma (PGD) in Chemistry.
- M.Sc.; M.Phil./Ph.D.; Ph.D. Chemistry (with specialization in Physical/Inorganic; Organic; Analytical/Environmental).
- Department of Physics
- M.Sc.; Physics (with specialization in Radio Propagation and Space/ Communication Physics, Ionospheric Physics, Solid State and Materials Science; Theoretical and Mathematical Physics, Solar Energy and Solar Radiation Physics, Meteorology and Atmospheric Physics).
- M.Phil./Ph.D.; Ph.D. Physics (with specialization in Radio Propagation and Space/ Communication Physics, Ionospheric Physics, Theoretical and Mathematical Physics, Solar Energy and Solar Radiation Physics, Meteorology and Atmospheric Physics).
- Department of Statistics
- Postgraduate Diploma in Statistics (PGDS).
- M.Sc.; Statistics (with specialization in Experimental Design, Statistical Quality Control, Biostatistics, Sample Survey and Demography, Multivariate Analysis, Econometrics, Mathematical Statistics).
- Department of Geology and Mineral Sciences
- Postgraduate Diploma in Geology (with specialization in Petroleum and Sedimentology – option, Engineering Geology and Hydrogeology – option, Solid Minerals Exploration and Mining – option, Applied Geophysics – option).
- M.Phil./Ph.D.; Ph.D. Geological Sciences (with specialization in Petroleum and Sedimentology – option, Engineering Geology and Hydrogeology – option, Solid Minerals Exploration and Mining – option, Applied Geophysics – option).
M. FACULTY OF SOCIAL SCIENCES
- Department of Economics
- M.Sc.; Ph.D. Economics (with specialization in Development Economics, Health Economics, International Trade and Finance, Monetary Economics, Public Finance and Transport Economics).
- Department of Geography
- M.Sc.; M.Phil./Ph.D.; Ph.D. Geography
- Department of Political Science
- M.Sc.; Ph.D. Political Science.
- Department of Sociology
- M.Sc.; Ph.D. Sociology (with specialization in Industrial Sociology; Criminology; Medical Sociology).
N. FACULTY OF VETERINARY MEDICINE
- Department of Veterinary Pharmacology and Toxicology
- M.Sc.; Ph.D.; Veterinary Pharmacology and Toxicology
- Department of Veterinary Anatomy
- M.Sc.; Ph.D.; Veterinary Anatomy
- Department of Veterinary Medicine
- M.Sc.; Ph.D.; Veterinary Medicine (with specialization in Large Animal Medicine, Small Animal Medicine, Aquatic and Fish Medicine and Avian Medicine).
- Department Veterinary Parasitology
- M.Sc.; Ph.D. Veterinary Parasitology (with options in Veterinary Entomology, Veterinary Helminthology and Protozoology).
- Department of Veterinary Pathology
- M.Sc.; Ph.D. Veterinary Pathology (with options Diagnostic Pathology, Clinical Pathology and Avian Pathology).
- Department of Veterinary Physiology and Biochemistry
- M.Sc.; Ph.D. Veterinary Physiology
- Department of Veterinary Public Health and Preventive Medicine
- M.Sc.; Ph.D. Veterinary Public Health and Preventive Medicine
- Department of Theriogenology and Production
- Ph.D. Theriogenology
- Only available Courses for the session are advertised and as such candidates are advised to select courses available in the advertisement. Any action contrary to this instruction is at the candidate’s risk, please.
- Candidates are advised to PRINT out the advertisement and STUDY thoroughly before COMMENCING the application procedure
Duration for the UNILORIN Postgraduate Programmes
The Postgraduate session for the Master degree and Postgraduate Diploma is for 12 calendar months, commencing on 2nd October and ending on 30th September of the following year, while for the M.Phil. / Ph.D. and Ph.D. programme is 12 calendar months, session starts to count automatically on the date of first registration.
Candidates Eligible to Purchase the UNILORIN Postgraduate Admission Form.
- All Certificates shall be available at the point of purchasing the application form. The National Youth Service Corp Discharge Certificate OR Exemption Certificate should be presented on or before September 30th, 2020.
- Candidates are expected to submit their application forms on line together with the scanned copies of their credentials.
- All supporting documents in (i) above and the hard copy of the application form should be forwarded to the Secretary, Postgraduate School, University of Ilorin, Ilorin, Nigeria between Monday, 1st June, 2020 and Friday 10th, July, 2020, while the submission of Transcripts of Academic Records should be to the Head of Department where the admission is being sought. The Postgraduate School will not be held liable for any misdirected transcript, please.
- All candidates must have 5 O/L Credit passes, including English Language and Mathematics.
- Applicants for the Master degree programmes who are graduates of the University of Ilorin and other recognized universities must have a minimum of Second Class Honours Degree (Lower Division) and must be applying for programmes in which they have their first degrees. However, applicants with Second Class Honours Degree (Lower Division) and those with higher classes of degrees seeking admissions into programmes outside those in which they have their first degrees may be admitted, provided they satisfy Senate in a qualifying examination to be conducted. The least class of Degree for all academic programme applicants is Second Class Honours Degree (Lower Division). Regardless of the institution where the Bachelor’s degree is obtained. ALL candidates shall apply early for their official Bachelor’s degree transcript to be sent to the Head of Department where the admission is being sought, before the expiration of the stated deadline in B(ii) above.
- Applicants for the Ph.D. degree programme shall have obtained a relevant Master degree of this or other recognized University, with an average weighted score of at least 60%. Short-listed candidates would be required to satisfy the Postgraduate School in the qualifying interviews and assessments by the relevant Department. Applicants are therefore advised to interact with the department to which they have applied to ascertain the date of the interview for the Ph.D. degree programme. Regardless of the Institution where the Master degree was obtained. ALL candidates must apply early for the official copy of their academic transcripts to be sent to the Head of Department where the admission is being sought for the purpose of this admission and before the expiration of the stated deadline.
- All Higher Degree candidates that attended foreign Universities, where English language is not the medium of instruction, should submit to the Postgraduate School, evidence of their English Language proficiency, e.g. TOEFL or IELTS scores.
- Applicants for the Postgraduate Diplomas and Masters degree Programmes will be subjected to the written assessment (qualifying examination) irrespective of the class of degree obtained, except applicants from the University of Ilorin with a First Class and Second Class, Upper Division (Honours).
- International applicants (Applicants who are domiciled outside Nigeria, and non-Nigerian and applying outside the country) shall be exempted from the qualifying examination. However, International applicants applying from outside the country for the Doctor of Philosophy programmes shall be requested to submit a proposal of not more than 5 pages, giving details of what research they intend to carry out. This should be sent electronically to [firstname.lastname@example.org]
- Applicants applying for any of the Full-time programme of the University should the letter of release from their employers at the point of registration.
Important Notice to UNILORIN Postgraduate Prospective Students
- While this advertisement serves as the invitation for the Qualifying Examination which is to be held at a date to be announced later, all applicants are strongly advised to provide their functional GSM number and e-mail addresses for further information and necessary communication.
- The University shall not be held responsible for any disappointment occasioned by wrong information on the part of applicants. You are hereby required to be checking your e-mails frequently.
- The Postgraduate session for Postgraduate programmes is 12 calendar months, commencing on 2nd October and ending on 30th September of the following year. The 12 calendar months start to count automatically from the date of first registration.
- Applicants are to note that programmes automatically lapse at the expiration of the prescribed maximum duration for each programme. A candidate may, however, apply for an extension of not more than 6 months, in the first instance, subject to a maximum of two such extensions.
How to Apply for UNILORIN Postgraduate Admission form.
Application fee for all programmes is N25,000.00 only for Applicants within Nigeria OR $200.00 only for International Applicants.
Application Forms are to be completed on-line and will close on Friday, 10th July, 2020. Note that the latest date for receipt of supporting documents is Friday, 31st July 2020. Successful applicants would be notified by e-mail.
If you have any questions, feel free to ask us using the comment box below or call 08111141632, 09030924197.
Here at AllSchool, we wish you all the best life can offer. We pray you scale through the examination and get admission into UNILORIN…Best of Luck!
Thank you so much for reading this article, we really do appreciate. We hope you loved it, if you did, please share this page with your friends via the share buttons below. Sharing is caring.