UNILORIN Pre-degree and Remedial Form: University of Ilorin (UNILORIN) Remedial / Pre-degree Admission Form for 2021/2022 Session is now available. Form cost N15,000. See how to apply and other details below.
This news is for candidates who have not been admitted and are still interested in gaining admission into University of Ilorin (UNILORIN). This is to inform you all that the UNILORIN Pre-Degree/Remedial Admission Form for 2021/2022 Academic Session is on sale.
UNILORIN Pre-Degree Admission Requirements.
1. Arts Education:
- Applicants must pass five subjects at Credit level at not more than two sittings in the SSCE/GCE organised by WAEC, NECO, NABTEB and should include the major subjects of study. Note that Credit grades in English Language and Mathematics are compulsory for eventual admission into any programme at the University of Ilorin.
- Two of the five subjects must be from Arts while the other subjects may be from the Social Sciences.
Note: There is NO Remedial programme in B.A.(Hons.) English
- Agriculture, Engineering and Technology, Environmental Sciences, Science and Science Education, Technology Education and Educational Technology
Applicants must pass the following subjects at credit level: English Language, Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics at NOT more than two sittings in the SSCE/GCE organised by WAEC/NECO and NABTEB
- Specific requirements:
Faculty of Agriculture will accept Credit grade in Agricultural Science in lieu of Credit grade in Biology.
Duration of UNILORIN Programme: The programme is for duration of two semesters (one academic session)
UNILORIN Remedial Programme Admission Requirements:
Category 1: Arts and Arts Education:
- Applicants must pass five subjects at credit level at not more than two sittings in the SSCE/GCE conducted by WAEC, NECO or NABTEB which should include the major subjects of study. Two of the five subjects must be from Arts while the other subjects may be from the Social Sciences.
- Note that credit grades in English Language and Mathematics are compulsory for eventual admission into any programme at the University of Ilorin.
Category 2: Agriculture, Engineering and Technology, Environmental Sciences, Life Sciences, Physical Sciences, Science Education, and Technology Education
- Applicants must pass the following subjects at credit level: English Language, Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics at NOT more than two sittings in the SSCE/GCE conducted by WAEC, NECO or NABTEB
- Specific requirements: Faculty of Agriculture will accept credit grade in Agricultural science in lieu of credit grade in Biology.
Category 3: Social Sciences
- Applicants must pass the following subjects at credit level: English Language, Mathematics and three from Economics, Government, Geography and Commerce at NOT more than two sittings in the SSCE/GCE conducted by WAEC, NECO or NABTEB.
- Specific requirements: Department of Psychology requires credit grade in Biology at O’ level and candidates choosing the course must sit for Biology at UTME.
- The UTME Subjects’ combination for other Social Sciences courses are English, Economics, Government and anyone of Geography and Commerce.
The preliminary studies’ programme is primarily opened to applicants from the Catchment States of the University of Ilorin, (i.e. Benue, Kogi, Kwara, Nasarawa, Niger, Plateau, Sokoto and Zamfara States). However, applicants from other states of the Federation are also given considerable opportunities.
- Without prejudice to the admission requirements stated above, the Board of the School, in its policy thrust of inclusiveness in university education, has approved that applicants who have credit pass in minimum of three (3) O’ Level subjects may apply for the programme; PROVIDED that they MUST have registered for and obtained credit pass in the deficient subjects before being considered for admission into degree programme.
- Candidates who want to study Engineering must obtain credit grades in Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics at O’level and sit for English Language, Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics at UTME.
- Candidates MUST write the 2022 UTME with relevant subjects’ combination to any programme of choice and MUST obtain the minimum UTME cutoff point approved by the University.
- Consideration for admission into programmes shall be based on performance and quota for each programme.
- Students who pass the school’s end of the programme examinations but could not obtain the minimum JAMB/UTME cutoff point approved by the university can BANK the Remedial result for use the following year only; PROVIDED that the minimum JAMB/UTME cutoff point approved for the following year is obtained.
- Applicants are to note that the programme is residential.
Duration of Programme: The programme is for a duration of one academic session.
Venue of UNILORIN Remedial Programme:
The venue of the programme shall be at the School of Preliminary Studies, Fufu, Ilorin South Local Government Headquarters, Kwara State.
How to Apply for UNILORIN Pre-Degree Admission Form.
Application forms are to be completed online after a payment of N15, 000.00 (Fifteen Thousand Naira Only) application fee, using interswitch enabled ATM card either Master or Verve card.
After the completion of the form, each candidate MUST download a Local Government Confirmation Form, which MUST be endorsed by the Chairman/Secretary of the Local Government Area.
A candidate who is offered admission will be expected to bring the form and SSCE/GCE certificates/result slips during registration.
Classes begin on Monday, 10th January 2022.
Thank you so much for reading this article, we really do appreciate. We hope you loved it, if you did, please share this page with your friends via the share buttons below. Sharing is caring.