UNN Hostel Accommodation Portal Open Date for New & returning Students for 2020/2021 Session. See how you will apply and other details.
This is to inform all students of University of Nigeria Nsukka (UNN) that the school authority has announced the date the hostel portal will be opened.
Note: If you don’t want to stay in the hostel UNN provides, then you will have to stay in lodges/houses withing the school campus. CLICK HERE for details.
UNN Hostel Portal Open Date
The opening of the hostel accommodation portal for all first-year students and sandwich students (all years) will be on Tuesday, 27th July, 2021 by 10am and will run until it finishes.
The opening of hostel accommodation portal for first year students will be Friday, 30th July 2021 at 10:00 am and will run until it finishes.
Subsequently, the hostel accommodation portal for other years will be on Monday, 2nd August 2021 by 10.am.
See below for some important details on UNN hostel accommodation.
Cost of UNN Hostel Accommodation
UNN Hostel Charges are:
- N12,000.00 for Male hostels and;
- N20,000 for Okeke Female hostels and 15,000 for other female hostels
- LINK ROOMS AND 2 MAN ROOMS (in Enugu Campus) – N18,000.00
Things to Note About UNN Hostel Accommodation.
New and Old Students are to take note of the following;
- The University has limited spaces for student accommodation.
- The accommodation is allocated on a first come, first serve basis.
- First Year and final year students are given high priority during allocation.
- First years are allocated 40% of the total accommodation, final years 30% while others and
special needs are allocated 30%.
- All Nursing Mothers must apply for accommodation online and must notify the authorities early.
(You are permitted to stay alone in a room or be two persons in a room).
- The following are highly prohibited and will attract eviction from the hostel:
- Squatting of any kind.
- Late return to the hostel at night.
- Drinking of Alcohol.
- Fighting and quarrelling.
- Use of hotplates, electric boiling ring, refrigerator, gas cooker and so on.
- Use of generator sets.
- Defecating and bathing at undesignated places.
- Pouring of water in undesignated places.
- Defacing of Hostel walls by posting of bills, posters and any document.
- Only students who have specifically met the following will be qualified for hostel
- Paid all school fees till date.
- Registered all courses online till date.
- Possess the University ID card or have been successfully captured.
- Possess and use the University student email address.
- All hostel accommodation invoices are valid for only three days after generation. (Any student
who fails to pay online within the three day period will forfeit the allocation).
- All Rev Sisters are to follow the authorized process for accommodation.
- Physically challenged students must also generate invoice and proceed to make payments.
How to Apply For UNN Hostel Accommodation
NEW METHOD TO APPLY FOR HOSTEL:
- Enter your registration number and school fees REMITA NUMBER, select hostel and generate invoice.
UNEC FEMALE HOSTEL: Lady ibiam, mariere, manuwa, ojukwu,
UNEC MALE HOSTEL: Kenneth dike, mbaonu ojike
Others hostel should be in Nsukka
The procedure below is the old method,
Make sure you have paid your school fees. To apply, follow the procedures below;
- Visit UNN Student Portal.
- Enter your Matric/JAMB registration number and password (for new students, make sure you have created your students profile and pay acceptance fee)
- Click on hostel
- Select hostel you want to apply with.
- Select the room number.
- Very Important: Bello Hostel/hall is reserved for only pharmacy students. Also note that Corner A, B, C, D is for final year, third year, second year and first year respectively.
- Click on Apply.
- Print the Invoice carrying your RRR number and proceed to the bank or make payment using
your ATM Card
- Return to the portal and Click on Hostel Allocation.
- Click on pay for your hostel and enter your Remita Retrieval Reference number.
- Submit and print Receipt.
- PLEASE NOTE THAT THE ABOVE PROCESS MUST BE COMPLETED WITHIN 3 DAYS ELSE YOU LOSE THE ALLOCATION.
Thank you so much for reading this article, we really do appreciate. We hope you loved it, if you did, please share this page with your friends via the share buttons below. Sharing is caring.