JAMB Subject Combination for Fisheries and Aquaculture and Its O’level and Direct Entry Requirement.
Do you want to study Fisheries and Aquaculture as a course in any Nigerian University?? Then Allschool have got you covered…..
In this page we are going to show you the UTME subject combination, O’level & Direct Entry (DE) requirement for Fisheries and Aquaculture in Faculty/College of Agriculture. We will also show you the special consideration (waiver) for the course.
The UTME and Direct requirement below was lifted from JAMB Official Brochure. It is the Accurate and Official version for the above course.
In JAMB, what is the meaning of Special Consideration (Waiver)??
It means, additional requirement for a particular course in a particular school. If your school have a special consideration for either O’level Requirement, UTME Subject Combination or Direct Entry Requirement, then please take note of it.
Note sometimes in special consideration column, the school requirement might be slight different from the general requirement. We advice you know your desired school’s special consideration for your course. ITS NECESSARY else you might be denied admission.
UTME/JAMB SUBJECT COMBINATION FOR FISHERIES AND AQUACULTURE
Below is the UTME/JAMB SUBJECT COMBINATION for Fisheries and Aquaculture in faculty of Agriculture/Vet. medicine;
- English Language(*), Chemistry, Biology/Agricultural Science and Mathematics/ Physics.
- MAKURDI accepts Mathematics or Physics as third subject in addition to Chemistry and Biology.
- SALEM – Same as in Soil Science.
- FED-DUTSINMA accepts Chemistry, Mathematics/Physics and Agricultural Science/Animal Husbandry/Forestry/Fisheries/Biology.
UTME/O’level REQUIREMENT FOR FISHERIES AND AQUACULTURE
Below is the UTME Requirement for Fisheries and Aquaculture in faculty of Agriculture/Vet. medicine;
- Five (5) SSC credit passes in English Language, Chemistry, Biology/Agricultural Science, Mathematics and Physics/Geography/Economics.
- RSUST and DELSU accept ‘O’ level pass (D7) in English Language.
- FUNAAB as in Agricultural Extension and Rural Development.
- RSUST requires ‘O’ level pass in Physics.
- IBADAN – The sixth (6th) subject for candidates presenting two (2) ‘O’ level results could be Geography or Economics.
- FUTO and UNN – As in Agricultural Economics.
- FUTA requires ‘O’ level credit in Physics and does not accept Geography and Economics.
- RSUST – As in Agricultural Economics/Extension.
- EBSU same as in Soil Science
- FUTA requires five (5) credits in SSC at a maximum of two (2) sittings in the following subjects: English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, Biology or Agricultural Science and Economics or Geography. At least ‘O’ level pass in Physics is required.
- UNIOSUN requires five (5) ‘O’ level credit passes in the SSC or its equivalent at not more than two (2)sittings in addition to an acceptable score in the UTME.
- MAKURDI requires at least five (5) SSC credits at not more than two (2) sittings from the following: Chemistry, Biology/Agricultural Science; Mathematics, English Language, and any other Science subject among Physics, Geography or Economics. ‘O’ level credit pass in Physics is not compulsory. A candidate with ‘O’ level pass in Mathematics but ‘O’ level credit in Physics will be accepted. A candidate with ‘O’ level pass in Biology but ‘O’ level credits (C5 and above) in Agricultural Science will be accepted. ‘O’ level pass in English Language is also accepted.
- FED-DUTSINMA requires five (5) ‘O’ level credit passes to include English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, Biology/Agriculture/Animal Husbandry/Forestry/Fisheries and any other one (1) relevant subject.
DIRECT ENTRY REQUIREMENT FOR FISHERIES AND AQUACULTURE
Below is the DIRECT ENTRY (DE) Requirement for Fisheries and Aquaculture in faculty of Agricultural/Vet. Medicine;
You require; Two (2) ‘A’ level passes in Chemistry and Biology/Botany/Agric Science/Zoology/Physics.
- IBADAN accepts HND upper credit into 200 level with exemption from the practical year programme and ND/NCE upper credit into 100 level with full participation in practical year programme in Aquaculture and Fisheries, Agriculture, Animal Husbandry, Health and related programs. Accepts ‘A’ level passes in Chemistry, Biology/Agricultural Science, Physics or Mathematics into 200 level with full participation in practical year programme.
- FUTA accepts ND or Equivalent professional qualification at upper credit level or ‘A’ level passes at one (1) sitting in at least two (2) of the following: Physics, Chemistry, Biology. Must also meet the UTME requirement.
- FUTO – as in Agricultural Economics
- UNIOSUN accepts two (2) ‘A’ level passes in Chemistry and one from Biology, Agriculture, Physics, Geography and Mathematics.
- MAKURDI accepts
(a) ND and NCE with minimum of credit in related programs can be accepted at 200 level.
(b) HND in Fisheries and Aquaculture with minimum of lower credit can be accepted into 300 levels.
(c) HSC or IJMB.
(d) in addition to (a and b) above, candidates must fulfill the UTME requirements.
- FUNAAB – as in Agricultural Extension and Rural Development.
- FED-DUTSINMA accepts
(a) Two (2) ‘A’ level passes to include Chemistry and any one of Botany, Zoology and Biology/Agricultural Science.
(b) IJMB in relevant subjects
(c) ND/NCE in relevant programs
LIST OF UNIVERSITIES YOU CAN STUDY FISHERIES AND AQUACULTURE
FED-WUKARI KSU MAKURDI
Source: JAMB Brochure.
Thank you so much for reading this article, we really do appreciate. We hope you loved it, if you did, please share this page with your friends via the share buttons below. Sharing is caring.