The West African Examinations Council (WAEC) has named Mr. Patrick Ehidiamen Areghan as the new Head of National Office (HNO)
The former Head of Test Administration Division, WAEC, Nigeria, succeeded Mr. Isaac Adenipekun, who retired as Head of National Office (HNO) Thursday last week.
Areghan, a native of Uromi in Edo State, graduated with a first class in Political Science from the University of Benin in 1983.
He also holds a Post Graduate Diploma in Education (UNIBEN, 1989); and a Master’s in Peace Studies and Conflict Resolution from the National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN). He is a Fellow of the Corporate Governance Professionals of Nigeria (FCGP).
Areghan joined WAEC in October, 1989 as an Assistant Registrar II. He rose through the ranks to become Senior Deputy Registrar in April, 2018.
In his over two decades in service, Areghan has served WAEC in various capacities including
- Senior Deputy Registrar, Test Administration (January, 2019-March 5, 2020);
- Ag. Director of Administration and later,
- Director of Administration, (February, 2016 – January, 2019);
- Zonal Coordinator, Abuja Zonal Office (August, 2014 – February, 2016);
- Zonal Coordinator, Port Harcourt Zonal Office (March, 2013 – August, 2014);
- Branch Controller, Kano Branch Office (October, 2009 – March, 2013);
- Head of Examinations and Deputy to the Zonal Coordinator, Ibadan Zonal Office (January, 2009 – October, 2009);
- Head of Examinations Security and Deputy to the Branch Controller, Lokoja Branch Office (January, 2005 – January, 2009); among others.
Thank you so much for reading this article, we really do appreciate. We hope you loved it, if you did, please share this page with your friends via the share buttons below. Sharing is caring.