A young 23-year-old female Law student in UK, identified as Damilola Olakanmi, has died after consuming cannabis sweets she bought online.
Olakanmi, who lives in Ilford, east London with her mother was reported to have bought the ‘gummies’ through a messaging app and they were delivered to her home where she fell ill last Tuesday.
According to Mirror UK, Olakanmi consumed the ‘sweets’ with her friend, 21, and both immediately fell ill after each eating one of the ‘sweets’. While her friend survived, she died.
Olakanmi is reported to be the only child of her mother.
Meanwhile, a suspect, Leon Brown, 37, has been arrested and charged with possession with intent to supply Class B synthetic cannabinoid, being concerned in the supply of a synthetic cannabinoid, and possession with intent to supply a psychoactive substance.
Below are some reactions to the news:
@doctooreedris: Cannabis don’t kill.. she must have been poisoned not Cannabis
I feel sorry for her mum, loosing your only child is a terrible situation to be in, the grief can’t be qualified…
After spending huge money traveling out, enrolling into an expensive educational system only to be met with uncertainty, grief and such an irreplaceable loss RIP.
@Temmyodus21 wrote: It’s not her first time of consuming it , she took it to help her read or feel among , the end of the road for her.
Thank you so much for reading this article, we really do appreciate. We hope you loved it, if you did, please share this page with your friends via the share buttons below. Sharing is caring.