Zamfara State Scholarship Application for 2020 is now on. Deadline to apply is 23rd May 2020. See how to apply, requirements and other vital details below.
The Zamfara State Scholarship Board wishes to inform and invite Indigenes of Zamfara State studying in various public institutions of higher learning in Nigeria that the application for local bursary will commence on Wednesday 13th – Saturday 23rd May, 2020.
ZAMFARA STATE SCHOLARSHIP BOARD GUSAU HISTORICAL BACKGROUND
Zamfara state scholarship board was established by law in 1996 when the state was created out of the former Sokoto State. The primary responsibility of the board is disbursement of bursary allowance to the eligible state indigenes studying in various institutions of higher learning both at home and abroad.
Since the establishment of the board it was been carrying out its statutory functions as follows:-
- Payments of bursary to the state indigenes studying in various institutions of higher learning both within and outside the country.
- Liase with the Federal Scholarship Board and other relevant agencies to look for sponsorship to state indigenes particularly in overseas.
- Conduct interviews for the state indigenes to ascertain those eligible for sponsorship particularly in overseas.
- Conduct interview for the state indigenes to ascertain those eligible for the award of scholarship in the Nigerian Institutions of higher learning.
- Advise the students where necessary to go for course that are relevant to our manpower needs.
- The board from time to time liased with institutions to monitor student’s academic progress.
Read the following conditions to be satisfied for the award of Zamfara State Scholarship Carefully.
- All Candidates applying for Zamfara State Scholarship must be bonafide indigenes of Zamfara State
- All Non-Indigenes are not eligible for the award of Zamfara State Scholarship.
- All Candidates who are Government employees are not eligible for the award of the Zamfara State Scholarship.
- All Candidates who are under going sandwich courses are not eligible for the award of the Zamfara State Scholarship.
- All spill over Candidates are considered only with University extension Approval.
- All Candidates must have secured admission from recognised higher institutions of learning to study a course with supporting documents i.e Admission Letter.
- Students of private Universities/Instituitions are not eligible for the awards of Zamfara State Scholarship, only public school students are considered.
- All Candidates for Matriculation or IJMB courses need to apply after completion of their courses to submit fresh scholarship application forms for his/her Diploma or Degree Programmes
(Only PRE-NCE, NCE, PRE-ND, ND, HND, IJMB, MATRICULATION AND UNDERGRADUATE STUDENTS)
NOTE: CANDIDATE STANDS DISQUALIFIED AT ANY GIVEN TIME IF FOUND TO HAVE USED FAKE DOCUMENTS OR WRONG INFORMATION TO THE SCHOLARSHIP BOARD.
How to Apply for Zamfara State Scholarship
The application is online and can be accessed using Smart phones, computers and other internet enabled devices.
- Personal Details
- Password (Alphanumeric) to be created by applicant
- Active e-mail and phone number
- Bank Verification Number (BVN)
- Account Number
- White Background Passport Photograph (Not more than 1MB)
- Educational Information: Name of Institution, Faculty, Course and Department.
- Details of two Referees (A Referee here means a person willing to testify in writing about the character or ability of someone, especially an applicant)
If you encounter any technical difficulty while registering, call 09038171384.
NOTE: Make sure you filled all the mandatory fields (*), submit your application and print your slip of successful registration which will be required for the upcoming physical interview/verification.
Engr. Aminu Ahmad Zabarma
FOR: Honourable Special Adviser
Do you love the content you just read and think it will be useful to your friends? Then please share this page with your friends via: